Corbin Pearson

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Corbin Pearson

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:40 am

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/articl ... -hoop-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can anyone tell me what the knock on this guy is? I've never seen him play, but he simply kicks ass everytime he sets foot on the court. MVP of the HIT and the C tourney. Has good size. Seems like he'd be getting more attention.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Corbin Pearson

Post by bcats » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:10 am

No knock from me. He is good and should be a bobcat. He is better in my opinion then Brumwell. I haven't heard if he has signed anywhere but would be an excellent get for any Frontier team. If Class C doesn't get at least 3 spots for the Montana-Wyoming game it would be a complete snub.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc

wasacatfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by wasacatfan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:43 pm

In my opinion Pearson is the only reason Brumwell is as good as he is, would like to see him as a Cat as well. I feel Brumwell will last a year or two and then transfer to a frontier school just my thoughts. go Cats

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:31 am

The only knock I have heard about Pearson that I have hear is concern whether he is quick/fast enough to play defense at the D-1 level.

BgCATfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BgCATfan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:55 am

Is pearson a year younger than Brumwell? If it's the kid I was told about, Brumwell was held back in eighth grade so those two could go thru high school together.

wasacatfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by wasacatfan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 am

BCF I think you are right about Brumwell being held back and Pearson being a year younger. From what I saw when I watched Big Sandy play Pearson is quicker than Brumwell but I only saw them play at divisionals in Great Falls this year and last year both times myself and people I was with were more impressed with Pearson. Again it is only my opinion but Pearson is going to get bigger stronger and faster with the right training. It will be fun to watch each of them develop as they continue their careers.

catpound

Post by catpound » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:59 pm

Does Pearson have any offers that anyone knows about? You would think the Frontier schools would be all over him right now considering the spring he has had (Class C tourney MVP, HIT tourney MVP) and his teams champs in both.

BgCATfan

Post by BgCATfan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:21 am

I hear from a very reliable source that Pearson has academic issues. But Northern really wants him, don't know about any offers though. And Big Sandy also has four other players on that team that were all held back in 8th grade.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:49 pm

Pearson has signed with Northern. Good get for them, close to home for him. They have won 20+ games 4 years in a row.

Sports is not bigger than life