State class C tourney

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

State class C tourney

Post by HiLineCat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:38 am

I know the Northern C teams quite well, but have no idea about the rest of the field. who should be the contenders? who are some players to watch?

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Re: State class C tourney

Post by Billings_Griz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:35 pm

I can't answer your question HiLine but I went to the Circle/Drummond game. Circle wins by 3.

30-9 Big Sandy over Northern Cheyenne after the 1st.

HiLineCat

Post by HiLineCat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:32 pm

Big Sandy beats Northern Cheyenne 100-65. Unofficially Brumwell has 38 and Pearson has 30.

RedCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RedCat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:54 pm

my bold prediction is that they will blow out Circle as well. Might even be an all north championship.

76 cats
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 76 cats » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Culbertson Cowboys getting it done tonight =D^ [-X

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:37 pm

76 cats wrote:Culbertson Cowboys getting it done tonight =D^ [-X

Nope, they pissed one away. I was pulling for 'em but they couldn't get a shot to fall the 4th quarter.

Big Sandy and Power for the chipper.

One of the BS studs had a TRIPLE DOUBLE AT HALF-TIME. :shock:

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 am

My boy Billings Griz knows "C" sports..................and Golden Corral.

:wink:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:53 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:My boy Billings Griz knows "C" sports..................and Golden Corral.

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:55 am

RedCat wrote:my bold prediction is that they will blow out Circle as well. Might even be an all north championship.
Don't underestimate those northeastern Montana boys. They play this thing called defense and scrappy is their middle name.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

RedCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RedCat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
RedCat wrote:my bold prediction is that they will blow out Circle as well. Might even be an all north championship.
Don't underestimate those northeastern Montana boys. They play this thing called defense and scrappy is their middle name.

I'm not buying it...I'm going with Big Sandy by 15+.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:31 pm

RedCat wrote:

I'm not buying it...I'm going with Big Sandy by 15+.
If there was a book offering that, I'd be all over Circle +15. Might lose my azz, but I'd be on it like stink on sh!t.

I will say, Power +15 over Arlee.

All north chipper.

HiLineCat

Post by HiLineCat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 pm

They play goodbasketball in the north central part of the state, Big Sandy vs Power for the C chanpionship and Rocky boy and Shelby for the B.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:29 pm

HiLineCat wrote:They play goodbasketball in the north central part of the state, Big Sandy vs Power for the C chanpionship and Rocky boy and Shelby for the B.
By far the 2 best in "C" are from the North.

jbcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jbcat » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:46 am

Billings_Griz wrote:
HiLineCat wrote:They play goodbasketball in the north central part of the state, Big Sandy vs Power for the C chanpionship and Rocky boy and Shelby for the B.
By far the 2 best in "C" are from the North.

If the north was still getting 3 teams in, they would go 1,2 and 3. Hell, the northern divisional was probably stiffer competition than state. Its sad but could be true. Power and Big Sandy had a combined 9 losses in the regular season in the north.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:40 am

Just for the "what could have been" file, Winifred was 3-1 against Power and Big Sandy this season. Those Northern teams had a lot of talent this year, and they all seemed to schedule really well (all of the tough teams going out of their way to play each other). It looks like the state tournament was arguably easier for these teams than the divisional tourney.

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 am

I went to the Class C games last night. Power had the prefect defense. The left open the forward from Big Sandy all night long and he could not hit a shoot. When I mean open, he was open. Not a player around him, sometimes the closest player was 8 feet away. The poor kid lost his confidence and his shoots got worst. Finally, Big Sandy brought in a freshman and he hit 4 of 7 - 3 pointers and gave Big Sandy at shoot to win the game. The Person(sp) kid was fouled with .4 seconds to win the game at the free throw line. I was surprised he got the shoot off.

I was looking forward to see Brumwell play. He played ok in the 1st quarter, but Power dropped back all defenders and locked him up long with Person for most of the game. As many have said, I think Brumwell needs to switch to football but this was just one game, so I could be wrong.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Went to the game last night as well, I have to say that it was the worst title game I have ever seen. Both teams looked really raw and lacked any type of quality basketball skills. In general the basketball talent in the state is at its lowest point in the last twenty years.

If your left, you aren’t right.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Sounds like Power threw a great junk defense at Big Sandy just like they used against Winifred. If you have one position the team that can't step up and score 20 points when the defense challenges them to do so, they seem good at exposing that. Must be a pretty good coach.

redspartancat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by redspartancat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:19 pm

It was a pretty effective defense by power, though not exactly original. Most teams will look to sag off the weakest player to double the best player. Not guarding that kid after he hit a few threes was a little silly, but of course hind sight is 20/20. One more miss and Power had it won.

There were some excellent players on the court, so you can't say they lacked any basketball skills. Pearson is better than anyone in last year's championship game. I admit it was an ugly game though. Neither team was at their best.