high school basketball tournament time

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HUNTERCAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: high school basketball tournament time

Post by HUNTERCAT » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 am

Lets go Locos! Have not looked at the bracket but I hope Billings Central is on the other side so we could have a rematch for the title game!! Locomotives take home the title and beat the Rams!!!! So Sweet.....

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:00 am

HUNTERCAT wrote:Lets go Locos! Have not looked at the bracket but I hope Billings Central is on the other side so we could have a rematch for the title game!! Locomotives take home the title and beat the Rams!!!! So Sweet.....

Billings Central and Laurel would definitely be on opposite sides of the bracket. The State A is always set up so that the two teams from each of the four divisions are in opposite brackets, so that they would not meet until the championship game.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:10 pm

HUNTERCAT wrote:Lets go Locos! Have not looked at the bracket but I hope Billings Central is on the other side so we could have a rematch for the title game!! Locomotives take home the title and beat the Rams!!!! So Sweet.....

Billings Central 1E 12:30
Polson 2NW

Butte Central 1C 2:00
Corvallis 2SW

Columbia Falls 1NW 6:30
Laurel 2E

Beaverhead 1SW 8:00
Browning 2C

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Gus wrote:Rumor has it that one of the Bozeman Hawk starters got a MIP over the weekend and is off the team... Hardly a selfish move five days before the play in game against Skyview. :roll:

"Senior center Jake Owsley put together averages of 13 points, 12.5 rebounds and 4.5 blocks while going one-on-one with Skyview junior center Danny Little, but will not play tonight, according to Holmquist, due to disciplinary reasons."

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:04 pm

just back from the hawk skyview game tonight and it was pretty depressing. i admit i'm a hawk guy, but i'm far enough away from my playing days that i don't get to caught up in their wins and losses anymore. at least not 'till my kids are playing someday. :D but what a shame. the guys tonight played their asses off, and it's just a shame that because one kid wanted to act like an idiot, the rest of them suffer. but they just didn't have an answer for little or any of skyviews bigs. but they competed well. hell, they were up 15-3 after the first, but the shooting by both teams was some of the worst i have ever seen. i just feel so bad for all those kids who do the right thing when it's so easy to screw up...and yet it doesn't matter because one guy puts himself in front of the team. hope he's happy with himself.

all that said, based on tonights performance, neither the hawks or falcons would do anything at state this year.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:38 am

whitetrashgriz wrote:just back from the hawk skyview game tonight and it was pretty depressing. i admit i'm a hawk guy, but i'm far enough away from my playing days that i don't get to caught up in their wins and losses anymore. at least not 'till my kids are playing someday. :D but what a shame. the guys tonight played their asses off, and it's just a shame that because one kid wanted to act like an idiot, the rest of them suffer. but they just didn't have an answer for little or any of skyviews bigs. but they competed well. hell, they were up 15-3 after the first, but the shooting by both teams was some of the worst i have ever seen. i just feel so bad for all those kids who do the right thing when it's so easy to screw up...and yet it doesn't matter because one guy puts himself in front of the team. hope he's happy with himself.

all that said, based on tonights performance, neither the hawks or falcons would do anything at state this year.
So Bozeman will miss the State Tourney this year? That doesn't happen very often, does it?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:59 am

Watched the Rocky Boy Shepard game yesterday afternoon. WHAT A GAME! RB was up by about 8 or so with 5 minutes to play. Shepard came back to pull ahead with about 12 seconds to go, and then RB made a shot at the buzzer to win it. Great effort by both teams...what a great HS bball game.

It was also a pretty fun environment, as I believe the entire Chippewa Cree nation was in attendance.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:27 am

John K wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:just back from the hawk skyview game tonight and it was pretty depressing. i admit i'm a hawk guy, but i'm far enough away from my playing days that i don't get to caught up in their wins and losses anymore. at least not 'till my kids are playing someday. :D but what a shame. the guys tonight played their asses off, and it's just a shame that because one kid wanted to act like an idiot, the rest of them suffer. but they just didn't have an answer for little or any of skyviews bigs. but they competed well. hell, they were up 15-3 after the first, but the shooting by both teams was some of the worst i have ever seen. i just feel so bad for all those kids who do the right thing when it's so easy to screw up...and yet it doesn't matter because one guy puts himself in front of the team. hope he's happy with himself.

So Bozeman will miss the State Tourney this year? That doesn't happen very often, does it?
no it really doesn't. in fact, i can't remember the last time they missed. it was kind of funny that as a hawk guy, i had no idea how the whole play-in thing worked 'cause i never experienced it. luckily i was with some skyview guys who were REALLY able to explain it to me. :lol: just a little jab 'cause i'm pissed they beat the hawks. annoying.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:28 am

CMR

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:CMR
yep

wasacatfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by wasacatfan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:06 am

nope! West

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:07 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:CMR
I went to the CMR-Senior game a couple of weeks ago, and although I haven't seen West play, it would be hard to convince me that CMR is not easily the most talented team in AA. Huestis is a huge presence both on offense and defense, but they also have a couple of other pretty good post players, as well as some very good 3-point shooters. Their ball movement was very impressive, and they just seemed to have unlimited offensive weapons. And defensively, Huestis not only blocked 3-4 shots, and altered several others, but eventually Senior pretty much quit even trying to work the ball inside or penetrate with their guards, just because he is so intimidating.

Now, that being said, they went through a couple of stretches where they were pretty sloppy handling the ball, and Senior got several steals and easy layups, which allowed them to stay in the game. It was actually quite close up until about midway through the 4th quarter, when CMR finally pulled away and won by about 15. But I found myself looking at the scoreboard and seeing CMR up by anywhere from 2-8 points most of the game, and being surprised that Senior was staying so close, because CMR was clearly far more talented. I have a hunch that they will be a little more focused at State, and probably win it, but you never know.

Any bets that it will be all-East on Saturday night....I mean in both the championship and consolation games??

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:
John K wrote:

no it really doesn't. in fact, i can't remember the last time they missed. it was kind of funny that as a hawk guy, i had no idea how the whole play-in thing worked 'cause i never experienced it. luckily i was with some skyview guys who were REALLY able to explain it to me. :lol: just a little jab 'cause i'm pissed they beat the hawks. annoying.
Jake was kicked off the team. The last time the Hawks didn't make state was the 92-93 season.

Billings Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Billings Cat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:41 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:
John K wrote:

Despite the general consensus of most Bozeman Hawk fans, the sun doesn't always shine of the same dog's butt. Good for Skyview!

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:04 pm

I noticed at least 4 of our football recruits were playing in the state basketball tourneys this weekend.

Dees-19pt
Floeketter-sp-6
Verlanic-5
Bignell-6

IYAACYAS

seacat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by seacat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:03 pm

For the third year in a row it'll be an all District 1B State Championship game. Will the 5th try against Rocky Boy this year be the charm? Sounds like Rocky Boy played a pretty good game to make it to the championship game.

wasacatfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by wasacatfan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:02 am

Florence jumped out to an 11 point lead in the first 4-5 min than Rocky Boy went on a 20-1 run the end of 1st quarter through the middle of 2nd quarter after that it was not even close Rocky Boy looked very good to end the 1st half 2nd half was so so. Shelby played very well tonight what a blue collar team they just work their butts off sidenote shelby only has one sr on the team two sophs and eight jrs so look for them again next year. Rocky Boy will have nothing next year my prediction they might win 5-7 games all year and will be lucky to even get out of district just my thoughts.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:24 pm

seacat wrote:For the third year in a row it'll be an all District 1B State Championship game. Will the 5th try against Rocky Boy this year be the charm? Sounds like Rocky Boy played a pretty good game to make it to the championship game.
And an all Northern Division Final in Class C as well, with Big Sandy and Power playing for the title.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Billings Cat wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:
John K wrote:

Despite the general consensus of most Bozeman Hawk fans, the sun doesn't always shine of the same dog's butt. Good for Skyview!
ok. i guess so. i don't recall being over the top about my support for bozeman. but the fact remains that it's still surprising to many because the sun has in fact shone on that dogs butt for nearly 20 years. you don't see many tournies without the hawks in it. like i said, this year it's surprising, but they wouldn't have went far anyway.
Last edited by whitetrashgriz on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:23 pm

Congrats Laurel Locomotives! First Boys Basketball State Championship in a long long time. Only 1 loss to a Class A school all year. =D^ =D^ =D^

GO GRIZ!