Bozeman vs West ending

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Bozeman vs West ending

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:53 pm

Anyone catch the Hawks-Bears game Friday night? Hawks up one, intentionally miss FT, Bears rebound, outlet, kid hoists it up from 3/4 court and.......gets fouled!....makes two of three FTs for the win with 0.0 showing on the clock. There is a vid on the Gazette sports page.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bozeman vs West ending

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:05 pm

Saw that. Hate to see a game end that way, but I'm ok with the final score! 8)

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:10 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:Saw that. Hate to see a game end that way, but I'm ok with the final score! 8)
Yeah, I kinda figured you didn't mind that too much. :)

They should just put West, Boz, CMR and Senior in the semis right now.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:32 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:Saw that. Hate to see a game end that way, but I'm ok with the final score! 8)
Yeah, I kinda figured you didn't mind that too much. :)

They should just put West, Boz, CMR and Senior in the semis right now.
i agree. but if they do that they may as well just give cmr the title cause i don't see anyone touching them. as a bozeman guy i hope i'm wrong, but they are way better than everyone right now. isn't sentinal good this year too?

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

c.falls cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by c.falls cat » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:39 pm

That was a crazy ending! This has been a great year if you follow MT h.s. basketball. Lots of good players and some great teams throughout all of the classifications. The state tournaments this year should be fantastic.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Yeah I am excited about the tourney this year. Should be really fun to watch. There are a lot of teams and specific players to keep an eye on.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:28 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:Yeah I am excited about the tourney this year. Should be really fun to watch. There are a lot of teams and specific players to keep an eye on.
where is the AA tourney this year?

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:39 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:Yeah I am excited about the tourney this year. Should be really fun to watch. There are a lot of teams and specific players to keep an eye on.
At the Metra in Billings.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:57 pm

longhorn_22 wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:
wonder if it's ever going to be in bozeman again? it was there when i was playing in '99 and i remember it hadn't been here before (at least not that i remember) and it hasn't been here since. i understand it's probably hard to schedule with the cats teams, but i'm curious how it worked out that year.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:16 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:
longhorn_22 wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:
wonder if it's ever going to be in bozeman again? it was there when i was playing in '99 and i remember it hadn't been here before (at least not that i remember) and it hasn't been here since. i understand it's probably hard to schedule with the cats teams, but i'm curious how it worked out that year.
Well they recently had the B tourney there I believe. But I agree, I would like to see the AA tourney at the Brick or the C tourney.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:50 am

Boys state C is at the brick in 2011

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:06 am

which is why i'm even more confused about the AA tourney. it seems as though all the other classes have managed to hold their state tourneys here, yet '99 was the only year i ever remember the AA being here. really curious as to why?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:14 am

Just a guess but isn't it because it coincides with the Big Sky tourney and MSU needs to leave that date open in case the Cats Host?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 am

Hawks86 wrote:Just a guess but isn't it because it coincides with the Big Sky tourney and MSU needs to leave that date open in case the Cats Host?
which is what i assumed too, but it still doesn't explain why they did it that one year, and never since. was that just a funny year and they didn't coincide for some reason? it's just a bummer that it seems to just switch from billings to great falls to butte every year.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:26 am

whitetrashgriz wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Just a guess but isn't it because it coincides with the Big Sky tourney and MSU needs to leave that date open in case the Cats Host?
which is what i assumed too, but it still doesn't explain why they did it that one year, and never since. was that just a funny year and they didn't coincide for some reason? it's just a bummer that it seems to just switch from billings to great falls to butte every year.
If memory serves me correctly, I believe it was supposed to be in Bozeman in 2002, but because MSU won the regular season championship and hosted the tournament, the AA tourney was played in Belgrade.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:30 am

Each tourney is bid on buy the tourney committee. Everything from divisionals all the way to state. The bids are handed out about 2-3 years in advance.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:13 pm

coachouert wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:
If memory serves me correctly, I believe it was supposed to be in Bozeman in 2002, but because MSU won the regular season championship and hosted the tournament, the AA tourney was played in Belgrade.
Not sure of the year, but you're right. I think it was when Dissly was a senior at BHS.

whitetrashgriz

Post by whitetrashgriz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:20 pm

wbtfg wrote:
coachouert wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:
Not sure of the year, but you're right. I think it was when Dissly was a senior at BHS.
ya that was the year. it's almost like they look at bozemans team when they are freshman, and if it looks lik they are going to be really good they bid for the state tourney for the year they're seniors! the last two times it's been in bozeman they had two of their best teams ever! smart. :D

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
coachouert wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:
ya that was the year. it's almost like they look at bozemans team when they are freshman, and if it looks lik they are going to be really good they bid for the state tourney for the year they're seniors! the last two times it's been in bozeman they had two of their best teams ever! smart. :D
Dissly was a junior back in 2002. Him and a great group of teammates won the state championship the next year, in Great Falls. It was Casey Durham's senior year at Bozeman High, and they nearly pulled off the upset of CMR in the championship. That was CMR's third in a row.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:41 pm

I think 2 of the last 3 "A" were in Bozeman. The "AA" is boys/girls combined state (I f'ing hate that). Again in Billings this year, I believe.

The ref that made that call in the Bozo/West game is my best friend--thanks for being nice. :wink: He said Bozo was roughly 1-6 inside the last 2 minutes from the FT line. He also has worked the last 2 State "A" tourneys in Bozo. He has the state "A" boys in Butte this year.

Class "C" here this year and Bozo next year? Cool!