Bozeman vs West ending

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Billings Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Bozeman vs West ending

Post by Billings Cat » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 am

Billings_Griz wrote:I think 2 of the last 3 "A" were in Bozeman. The "AA" is boys/girls combined state (I f'ing hate that). Again in Billings this year, I believe.

The ref that made that call in the Bozo/West game is my best friend--thanks for being nice. :wink: He said Bozo was roughly 1-6 inside the last 2 minutes from the FT line. He also has worked the last 2 State "A" tourneys in Bozo. He has the state "A" boys in Butte this year.

Class "C" here this year and Bozo next year? Cool!
Brutal call on a 3/4 court shot. No way around that. You simply do not see that called at any level which helps account for Robison from West being almost apologetic to the Bozeman coaches and kids after the game. As for your best friend, when I've heard people grousing about the call in the Bozeman-West game, and there's been a lot, I can only tell them, "Don't complain. You've never seen him do a baseball game behind the plate where he does more damage on every single pitch than he's ever managed to do a basketball court!" :D

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:27 am

Watch the final shot & foul and you decide...
http://www.northernbroadcasting.com/NEW ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by rollo_tumasi on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:48 am

rollo_tumasi wrote:Watch the fianl shot & foul and you decide...
http://www.northernbroadcasting.com/NEW ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i'm a bozeman guy, but there is no way you can't call that foul. stupid play on the part of the hawks.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:45 pm

whitetrashgriz wrote:
rollo_tumasi wrote:Watch the fianl shot & foul and you decide...
i'm a bozeman guy, but there is no way you can't call that foul. stupid play on the part of the hawks.
Yeah I agree. Even though I went to West, I was looking for a reason for that not to have been called. I hate when games end on free throws. Especially ones that are from a shot like that. But it was clearly a foul and the ref had to call it. There was still time on the clock when the foul occurred so I don't blame him at all.