Jake Bleskin (Tanner's little brother) AA MVP

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

griztasteslikechicken
BobcatNation Letterman

Jake Bleskin (Tanner's little brother) AA MVP

Post by griztasteslikechicken » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Heard Jake Bleskin (jr - QB) from CMR and Matt Miller (sr - WR, RB, S, QB, water boy, field mower, team doctor) from Capital are the Co-Offensive AA - MVP's this season. Congrats to both of them. They are both outstanding athletes. =D^ Be great to see both of them in Bobcat uniforms soon.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jake Bleskin (Tanner's little brother) AA MVP

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Congrats to both!

Hopefully we have a shot at Jake, for whatever reason an in state QB would be huge for the program.
I think Miller is already gone. I heard he recently took his 2nd visits to ASU and Boise....

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am

I really hope Miller doesn't end up at Boise when he has offers from some pretty presigious academic institutions.

The joke around the state of Idaho is..."Boise State, the best damn high school education in the state of Idaho"

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:47 am

Go over on egriz. Some of them think Miller is as good as got! All Hauck has to do is offer. No way he stays in state.

As for Jake, he is only a Junior. It will be really fun watching him next year. Hope he becomes a Cat and takes over for McGhee when he is finished.

GO CATS!!!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:37 pm

canyoncat wrote:Go over on egriz. Some of them think Miller is as good as got! All Hauck has to do is offer. No way he stays in state.

As for Jake, he is only a Junior. It will be really fun watching him next year. Hope he becomes a Cat and takes over for McGhee when he is finished.
If he doesn't go to dumb, then that means they didn't want him. :roll: :roll:

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Cledus wrote:
canyoncat wrote:Go over on egriz. Some of them think Miller is as good as got! All Hauck has to do is offer. No way he stays in state.

If he doesn't go to dumb, then that means they didn't want him. :roll: :roll:
With Hack out of the picture we may finally have a chance of getting some Montana kids................ :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:00 pm

LTown Cat wrote:Congrats to both!

Hopefully we have a shot at Jake, for whatever reason an in state QB would be huge for the program.I think Miller is already gone. I heard he recently took his 2nd visits to ASU and Boise....
I agree that it would be great to have an in-state kid at QB for the Cats, or any of the other skill positions for that matter. I think part of the reason for the perception that UM has more in-state players than MSU, which is not really true if you look at the two-deep charts from the Cat-Griz game, is that UM has had way more homegrown skill players in recent years, while our Montana kids have been mostly O-lineman and defensive players. We haven't had a starting QB from in-state since Compson, more than 10 years ago. I don't even remember the last time we had a good running back from Montana, and Turnquist is really the only star receiver we've had from in-state in recent years. Whereas the Griz have had tons of homegrown QB, RB, and WR, including Selle, Reynolds, and Mariani from the 2009 team.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:27 am

Have they had tons or just some very memorable ones that played for multiple years.

Sports is not bigger than life

HassFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re:

Post by HassFan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:59 pm

John K wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:Congrats to both!

I don't even remember the last time we had a good running back from Montana, and Turnquist is really the only star receiver we've had from in-state in recent years. Whereas the Griz have had tons of homegrown QB, RB, and WR, including Selle, Reynolds, and Mariani from the 2009 team.
?? Good Question - since being out of state before the internet was around I missed several years, but if you go back far enough - Delmar Jones comes to mind and before that somebody with the initials of DH....

Hope we get Bleskin.

Fighting Cancer With Every Breath I Take - Conner, You Are An Inspiration !

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:41 pm

tetoncat wrote:Have they had tons or just some very memorable ones that played for multiple years.
I guess it depends upon how you define "tons", but in any case, they have had far more in-state skill position players than us in recent years. That is not difficult, since we have had virtually none lately, although we have certainly had our share of Montana kids at other positioins. My point is simply that this contributes to the perception that UM has way more in-state players than MSU, even though that's not really accurate. But the so-called "skill" position players get all the headlines, and therefore the casual fan buys into this.