Playoff Time!!!

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Playoff Time!!!

Post by Billings_Griz » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:54 pm

Well for A-C anyway.

Brackets:

http://www.ihigh.com/fbhs/article_14826.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My predictions:

A-Blgs Central
B-Huntley
C (8-man)- WeBox
C (6-man)- No idea.

Oh, Capital over CMR, FYI. :wink:

seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Playoff Time!!!

Post by seacat85 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Anyone know what the tie breaker was for 2nd place in 1B? Since Choteau beat Cut Bank, Shelby beat Choteau, & Cut Bank beat Shelby and they all ended up with the same conference record. And am I blind or did the Tribune fail to show Choteau as being a part of 1B in their standings all season?

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Go Laurel!

GO GRIZ!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:04 pm

seacat85 wrote:Anyone know what the tie breaker was for 2nd place in 1B? Since Choteau beat Cut Bank, Shelby beat Choteau, & Cut Bank beat Shelby and they all ended up with the same conference record. And am I blind or did the Tribune fail to show Choteau as being a part of 1B in their standings all season?
Isnt it the same as all the other divisions. total points scored minus total point allowed

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

HUNTERCAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HUNTERCAT » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:04 pm

I'm with you BDizzle Go Locos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redspartancat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by redspartancat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:22 pm

6-man, my guess would be Denton or Big Sandy. I haven't seen Big Sandy, but after seeing them on the basketball court, I would guess that their size is going to be tough for anyone to deal with. Denton is fun to watch, Lahr is quite a quarterback, very smart.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Seacat85, the 1B uses a Taylor Point system. With a three way tie it used the points just in the games against each other. The max points is 14. Choteau beat Cut Bank by 14 and lost to Shelby by 13 for a +1. Cut Bank beat Shelby for 14 lost to Choteau 14 for a net 0, Shelby beat Choteau 13 and lost to Cut Bank 14 for a net -1. Choteau gets the spot. Interesting is that Choteau and Cut Bank were tied with less than a minute to go. Choteau scored and Cut Bank threw a desperation pass on last play that Choteau picked off and ran back for another score to win by the 14 and get the max points without that Cut Bank would have been in. The other thing is Choteau was down I think 40-13 against Shelby going into the 4th and scored two late TD's to come back and only lose by 13. If Shelby wins by more it would have been a 14 point game and all 3 teams could have ended tied in points as well.

Sports is not bigger than life

maroon
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by maroon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:05 pm

AA Helena Capital
A Billings Central
B Huntley Project
C8 Sheridan
C6 Denton

Greg O
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Greg O » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:50 pm

AA - Capital
A - Billings Central
B - Huntley
8C - Centerville
6C - Big Sandy

Ray
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Ray » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:14 pm

AA - CMR
A - Laurel
B - Huntley Project
8C - Fort Benton
6C - Big Sandy

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:49 pm

I guess Wibaux just because I'm from Scobey. And Lord knows, they have owned our ass as of late.

Centerville, Ft Benton and Sheridan are all quality teams. Great time of the year. 8)

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:20 pm

I would have picked Fort Benton but their #1 RB/LB broke his leg last weekend. They will compete but I would no longer call them my favorite.

IYAACYAS

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:22 pm

AA - CMR
A - Billings Central
B - Huntley

C Dont really care

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:09 pm

CPAcat which RB was that from FB.

Also heard a RB broke his leg in the Townsend/HP game but haven't heard for sure which team. HP has been dominant but not as much as they were last year. Last year they were up 50 by half most of the time. I don't think they pass as well as last year, so if teams could figure a way to stop the run(hard to do with great OL) they might stay close. Need a few turnovers.

Russell
Laurel
HP
Centerville
Big Sandy

seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by seacat85 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Thanks for the info on the 1B tie breaker.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 pm

tetoncat wrote:CPAcat which RB was that from FB.

Also heard a RB broke his leg in the Townsend/HP game but haven't heard for sure which team. HP has been dominant but not as much as they were last year. Last year they were up 50 by half most of the time. I don't think they pass as well as last year, so if teams could figure a way to stop the run(hard to do with great OL) they might stay close. Need a few turnovers.

Russell
Laurel
HP
Centerville
Big Sandy
It was Kelsey Lippert

IYAACYAS

Toucat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Toucat » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:56 pm

AA-Capital, A-Frenchtown

Platinumcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Platinumcat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:07 am

tetoncat wrote:CPAcat which RB was that from FB.

Russell
Laurel
HP
Centerville
Big Sandy

I think HP might have read what you wrote, they scored 50 points in the first quarter against Whitehall this weekend on their way to a 71-0 win. :shock:

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:27 am

I hope we have some better games in 8-man this weekend. Way to many blowouts last weekend, Centerville wins 72-0 and Fort Benton wins big. The Fort Benton-Wibaux game shold be a good one. It's alway a long trip to Wibaux and we'll see how Fort Benton handles it with out Lippert at runnibg back.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Class B Games I think HP will drop 40 or more on Baker. Baker gave up 250+yards rushing to Three Forks, ouch. Florence has a long drive to Glasgow. Which Glasgow team shows up. They lost the last week of reg. season to Plentywood, then wallop Choteau. Glasgow probably wins this. Loyola plays Townsend which should be a good game. I think Loyola's experience may be the deciding factor and still here rumors about a Townsend injury during HP game. Fairfield hosts Columbus in a game of two high ranked teams as well. This could be a toss up. Fairfield not as explosive as last year, but a very stingy defense again. Columbus didn't play well against HP but did against other teams. They squeaked by a decent but young Malta team.