8-man neutral championship

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

8-man neutral championship

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:27 pm

https://twitter.com/SlimKimmel/status/983440826704379904

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: 8-man neutral championship

Post by allcat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:22 am

Butte? This is really unfair to the Eastern schools. I would have thought Gt Falls or Billings. Who planned this, the Big Sky Conference?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:53 am

allcat wrote:Butte? This is really unfair to the Eastern schools. I would have thought Gt Falls or Billings. Who planned this, the Big Sky Conference?
Under your logic please tell me how Billings would be fair to the Western schools?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:44 am

LTown Cat wrote:
allcat wrote:Butte? This is really unfair to the Eastern schools. I would have thought Gt Falls or Billings. Who planned this, the Big Sky Conference?
Under your logic please tell me how Billings would be fair to the Western schools?
My whole logic is based on Wibaux. They used to be a power in Class C. I think it is fairer for the western schools to get to Billings than it is for the eastern schools to get to Butte. I don't even know if they have any class c schools in the North east. I just think Billings is much more "central" than Butte. I actually thought of Lewistown, but I wondered about Motel rooms.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 am

The championships will rotate between Butte and the Billings area, so the 2019 title game will be played in Yellowstone County. Rocky Mountain College, Daylis Stadium and the Laurel Sports Complex all have artificial turf fields, which will likely be one of the criteria considered when determining host sites.
http://www.montanasports.com/2018/04/09 ... mpionship/

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:22 am

allcat wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
My whole logic is based on Wibaux. They used to be a power in Class C. I think it is fairer for the western schools to get to Billings than it is for the eastern schools to get to Butte. I don't even know if they have any class c schools in the North east. I just think Billings is much more "central" than Butte. I actually thought of Lewistown, but I wondered about Motel rooms.
I see what your saying.
There’s a push here to get another hotel or two. Because you’re right. Lewistown is well located and has the facility but not enough hotels.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: 8-man neutral championship and other changes

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:46 am

https://twitter.com/SlimKimmel/status/983724426490396672

MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 am

allcat wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
Scobey, Plentywood, Fairview, and Circle all play 8-Man. I have to agree with Allcat. Butte is farther away from the east than Billings is from the West. Most Western Montanans have no clue that there is a whole lot of Montana past Billings and Great Falls. And most of the West, North, South schools are fairly close to the states interstates. For example, according to google maps, Superior is a 6 hour drive from Billings, almost all interstate. Scobey, on the other hand, is around a 9 hour drive to Butte. And depending on the route they take, they are either 3 or 6 hours before getting to either interstate. And if those two towns were to meet in Billings, Superior would be traveling 6 hours, while Scobey would still have a 5 hour bus ride. If Great Falls was the other choice, Scobey would still have a 5-6 hour bus ride, while Superior would only be 4 hours away. A school in the southwest, like Ennis, is even closer to Great Falls than the towns in the Northeast are.

There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.