High school football 2016

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

High school football 2016

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:40 am

Anybody have any insights on who the favorites will be this season, particularly class AA?

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: High school football 2016

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:47 am

91catAlum wrote:Anybody have any insights on who the favorites will be this season, particularly class AA?
I'm thinking that Glacier looks pretty ready to make another run, as long as they can fill the QB position again, but they always seem to be able to. I also hear good things about Billings Senior.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:51 am

Billings Senior should be the favorite, followed by Glacier, and followed by Helena High.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:35 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Billings Senior should be the favorite, followed by Glacier, and followed by Helena High.
I agree with Glacier and Senior, but why Helena? What do you like there?

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:13 pm

And in "A" I am guessing my Park Rangers will still be lagging g behind.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:41 pm

RickRund wrote:And in "A" I am guessing my Park Rangers will still be lagging g behind.
They fired the coach after the first practice and have 25 kids playing.....so yeah, going to be tough

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:19 pm

catamaran wrote:
RickRund wrote:And in "A" I am guessing my Park Rangers will still be lagging g behind.
They fired the coach after the first practice and have 25 kids playing.....so yeah, going to be tough
I guess if the coach gets his walking papers after one practice that does not look good on his resume... Maybe they will field a competitive team one of these years...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:23 pm

RickRund wrote:
catamaran wrote:
I guess if the coach gets his walking papers after one practice that does not look good on his resume... Maybe they will field a competitive team one of these years...
It was only 3-4 years ago they were a state semi finalist! Then made an uninspired hire when the coach who was building the program left for another job...and he undid all the work the first guy did. They've been treading water ever since. Sadly, it seemed this coach was making progress in establishing a program but poor choices led to his dismissal.

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am

91catAlum wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:Billings Senior should be the favorite, followed by Glacier, and followed by Helena High.
I like a lot of things about Helena High:

- they have Ryan Arntson and Keair Adgerson in the backfield (short but fast/tough backs)
- they have Kendall Johnson blocking for them at FB (Johnson is up around 200 lbs. now and may be the best LB in the state when the season is over)
- their offensive line has four seniors on it led by Daniel Stockton (All-State last year)
- they have two tight ends in Taylor England and Max Morris that are very athletic and big
- they have Derrick Olsen lining up at WR and he is one of the faster players in the state
- on defense, Johnson is the man in the middle and should lead a pretty decent group

Maybe the only problem is that a lot of them will be playing both ways but nearly every AA team now has kids going both ways because you need to have your best players on the field. Helena High should be good this year.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:43 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

- they have Ryan Arntson and Keair Adgerson in the backfield (short but fast/tough backs)
- they have Kendall Johnson blocking for them at FB (Johnson is up around 200 lbs. now and may be the best LB in the state when the season is over)
- their offensive line has four seniors on it led by Daniel Stockton (All-State last year)
- they have two tight ends in Taylor England and Max Morris that are very athletic and big
- they have Derrick Olsen lining up at WR and he is one of the faster players in the state
- on defense, Johnson is the man in the middle and should lead a pretty decent group

Maybe the only problem is that a lot of them will be playing both ways but nearly every AA team now has kids going both ways because you need to have your best players on the field. Helena High should be good this year.
Good points. I agree they are loaded offensively and will be fast. Not sure how good they'll be on defense, could be fine though if they hold up.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:50 pm

91catAlum wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Good points. I agree they are loaded offensively and will be fast. Not sure how good they'll be on defense, could be fine though if they hold up.
Obviously, they were no match for Glacier last night.