Future Cats at HS tournaments

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Future Cats at HS tournaments

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:08 pm

SACCAT wrote:
MSUcantouchus wrote:Ryan has no fire
I watched most of their games, and he really didn't seem like he cared that much. Lazy screens and kind of just walked around, it was really weird.
It's funny you guys say that. He played here in Lewistown right around the time he committed to UM. A friend and I went to the game. My buddy is a Griz fan. I was upset UM had landed him prior to the game. Afterward we both left saying the same thing you guys are saying. Granted that is bball and he may be a totally different animal in fball, but I expected more than what I saw that's for sure.

BigSkyChamp_Coaches
New Recruit

Post by BigSkyChamp_Coaches » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:24 pm

He is a different animal on the field. Did any of you see him play football? Wonder how you would judge him if he signed with the cats? ferriter had 17? He is their main option. For saccat that saw "most" of Ryan's games, was he Central's main option? Not even their 3rd option. He held ferriter to 17 when the prior games he lit up everyone. INcluding cat commit Konkol.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:40 pm

BigSkyChamp_Coaches wrote:He is a different animal on the field. Did any of you see him play football? Wonder how you would judge him if he signed with the cats? ferriter had 17? He is their main option. For saccat that saw "most" of Ryan's games, was he Central's main option? Not even their 3rd option. He held ferriter to 17 when the prior games he lit up everyone. INcluding cat commit Konkol.
Panties all bunched uo, are they?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUcantouchus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:07 pm

It just seems he coasts on his natural ability.

I hate dark pink

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:33 am

I'm sorry, but this thread really bugs me with the direction it has taken. To come into a high school thread and see posters knocking on a high school kid just doesn't sit right with me. Who knows what's going on in the kid's head? Because he doesn't bleed external "fire", does that mean he doesn't care or is coasting on ability? Do you know what his internal "fire" is. I don't care if the kid is committed to the Griz, Cats, or any other school.

I speak this as a kid that didn't externally show that fire. I played football and wrestled best when I was focused. If I started getting too hyped in any way, my level went down. I know how I competed the best. I'm sure he's learning his way too.

Long story short. A kid that doesn't even have a high school diploma yet doesn't deserve this.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:39 am

tdub wrote:I'm sorry, but this thread really bugs me with the direction it has taken. To come into a high school thread and see posters knocking on a high school kid just doesn't sit right with me. Who knows what's going on in the kid's head? Because he doesn't bleed external "fire", does that mean he doesn't care or is coasting on ability? Do you know what his internal "fire" is. I don't care if the kid is committed to the Griz, Cats, or any other school.

I speak this as a kid that didn't externally show that fire. I played football and wrestled best when I was focused. If I started getting too hyped in any way, my level went down. I know how I competed the best. I'm sure he's learning his way too.

Long story short. A kid that doesn't even have a high school diploma yet doesn't deserve this.
I took the initial post just as an observation, not a criticism, which I think is fine. There can be a lot of reasons, he could have bee getting over the flu, it could be as you describe.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:01 am

allcat wrote:
tdub wrote:I'm sorry, but this thread really bugs me with the direction it has taken. To come into a high school thread and see posters knocking on a high school kid just doesn't sit right with me. Who knows what's going on in the kid's head? Because he doesn't bleed external "fire", does that mean he doesn't care or is coasting on ability? Do you know what his internal "fire" is. I don't care if the kid is committed to the Griz, Cats, or any other school.

I took the initial post just as an observation, not a criticism, which I think is fine. There can be a lot of reasons, he could have bee getting over the flu, it could be as you describe.
If that was the intent that is fine. This kind of stuff just can slide down the slippery slope so quickly that I thought I'd speak up.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:39 pm

BigSkyChamp_Coaches wrote:He is a different animal on the field. Did any of you see him play football? Wonder how you would judge him if he signed with the cats? ferriter had 17? He is their main option. For saccat that saw "most" of Ryan's games, was he Central's main option? Not even their 3rd option. He held ferriter to 17 when the prior games he lit up everyone. INcluding cat commit Konkol.
Ryan wasn't guarding Ferriter in the Class A tourney game...And no Ryan wasn't Billings Centrals main option, but he could have been ONE of the options. I don't care who he signed with, I just heard A LOT from both camps about both these young men. So I thought "This should be an interesting match-up between two very athletic kids."

EDIT...I just read Tdub posts, and I agree with him. My intent was not to judge the kid, or say he is no good.