Butte whining ?

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Butte whining ?

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Thinking about skipping Butte High’s football game Thursday night at Naranche Stadium?
Think again.
Bulldog fans should make sure the crowd is the biggest seen at Naranche since the 2012 Class AA state championship game when Bozeman comes to town for the regular-season finale for both teams.
For one thing, Butte High (3-6) can still make the playoffs at the end of a disappointing season if the Bulldogs can beat the Hawks (4-4) and get a little help. That right there should be enough for you to dress up in purple and white and cheer on the Bulldogs.
That, however, isn’t the only reason Bulldog fans should be out in full force Thursday night.
The other reason goes back Nov. 1, 2013. That’s when the Bulldogs played the Hawks at Bozeman’s Van Winkle Stadium.
With 2 minutes, 45 seconds left in that game, the Hawks scored a touchdown that extended Bozeman’s lead over Butte High to 61-20. That’s a lead that is, to say the least, comfortable.
So what did Bozeman coach Troy Purcell decide to do after the touchdown? He went for two.
Yes, Bozeman tried to run for the 2-point conversion because apparently Purcell thought a 63-20 victory looked better in the newspapers than a meager 62-20 win.
In the history of poor sportsmanship by football coaches, only one incident compares to what Purcell did last fall. And that was by a coach who concluded his career by punching an opposing player.

http://buttesports.com/two-reasons-to-g ... eman-game/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Butte whining ?

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Oh that's smart, gin up some fuel for some stupid behavior sure to follow.

How should one properly describe Foley and his article here?

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Haha, I was going to post about the same thing. Sounds like someone has a bit of a grudge...

Does Butte have an inferiority complex to the rest of the state? I hope Bozeman goes in and kicks Butte tonight (see what I did there?) :)

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:58 pm

I think the game will be live here http://mtsport.tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Hawks86 wrote:I think the game will be live here http://mtsport.tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fun, but if these announcers say "trickeration" one more time I just might snap.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Score update? Any fights in the stands yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:06 pm

34-21 Butte, PAT pending for the Bulldogs. 3:57 to play.