Gris poach O Line coach from UND

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Gris poach O Line coach from UND

Post by nanacat » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:30 pm

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gris poach O Line coach from UND

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:50 pm

He sure is an ugly SOB.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:58 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:50 pm
He sure is an ugly SOB.
please stop talking about Bobby. we have to deal with him for 3 more years.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:06 am

He's replacing Chad Germer, who is moving on to pursue other opportunities. I don't know if this has been discussed, but it sounds like Germer is headed to Havre to join Souers's staff. Northern just announced on signing day that they're having open tryouts, but they have a more experienced and accomplished coaching staff than most FBS schools. It's such an interesting story how they've been able to attract that kind of coaching staff (even if they are has-beens) to Havre. It still hasn't shown up on the field yet, and even with all the name recognition they're still not recruiting as well as I'd have to think they expected to. Maybe it shows you need some energetic 20-somethings to be out there pounding the pavement for recruits.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:38 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:06 am
He's replacing Chad Germer, who is moving on to pursue other opportunities. I don't know if this has been discussed, but it sounds like Germer is headed to Havre to join Souers's staff. Northern just announced on signing day that they're having open tryouts, but they have a more experienced and accomplished coaching staff than most FBS schools. It's such an interesting story how they've been able to attract that kind of coaching staff (even if they are has-beens) to Havre. It still hasn't shown up on the field yet, and even with all the name recognition they're still not recruiting as well as I'd have to think they expected to. Maybe it shows you need some energetic 20-somethings to be out there pounding the pavement for recruits.
I think Northern is always destined to suck at football... unless they change the curriculum there and add additional degrees.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:24 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:38 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
I think Northern is always destined to suck at football... unless they change the curriculum there and add additional degrees.
Yep, too many 2 yr programs so lose kids for jobs. Not enough other 4 yr degrees. Nursing, teaching, some basic business. Hard to get too. Tough to get out of state kids. They should focus on. Northcentral and Eastern Mt and transfers.

Sports is not bigger than life

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:39 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:38 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wow no kidding. That is tough to attract an athlete with those slim choices.