Womens Basketball

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Grizfan7
BobcatNation Letterman

Womens Basketball

Post by Grizfan7 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:27 pm

Lady Griz lost to Gonzaga by 13 in Missoula tonight. UM has 3 of 16 from Montana on roster. MSU has 4 of 15 from Montana on roster. The only LG from Montana to play tonight was Dani Bartz from Helena. She had 18. Started the last half of last season. The days of a lot of women from Montana playing Montana seem to be pretty much over.

The new half-hour movie, Native Ball, on former LG Malia Kipp is very good. It's now released and showing on PBS in over 40 states. I think UM, and Selvig, have had 10 or so Native American women play, starting with Kipp. Former LG point guard Megan Harrington did the movie. She also did The House that Rob Built, which is also very good.

Harrington was a teammate of Kipp.

"I had no idea what she was going through," explained Harrington. "I had no idea what she was facing, the hurdles that she was, you know, jumping over. So even for me experiencing the film was like how special she was that she persevered with such grit."

Harrington explained Kipp faced many challenges and wanted to quit basketball at times, but she continued for other Native American high school athletes.

"She knew that she represented her tribe... [she said] 'I need to be able to do this. If I don't do this other might not think that they can."

"To set an example, to prove that something can be done and the power of that. In whatever it is in life. There's so many wonderful stories, and this story is one of those that I hope it opens people's eyes to the possibilities that lie within."

https://kgrzmissoula.com/conversation-w ... arrington/

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Womens Basketball

Post by nanacat » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:34 pm

Are you not aware that egriz exists to post about gris sports? This is Bobcat Nation. Why are you posting about gris women's bball here? Wrong forum.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:22 pm

This is the non-Bobcat sports forum. Discussing other schools is what this is meant for.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:47 pm

tdub wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:22 pm
This is the non-Bobcat sports forum. Discussing other schools is what this is meant for.
Makes sense.

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:32 pm

tdub wrote:
Fair enough. But the the title of the post is Women's Basketball and it's actually a post about the lady gris. This poster seems intent on promoting gris everything on this forum and it's getting a bit ridiculous IMO. I know I don't have to read anything he posts but when generally titled the assumption is there's an actual topic for discussion, but no, just gris promo again. 🤔

Grizfan7
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Grizfan7 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:07 pm

nanacat wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:32 pm
tdub wrote:
Fair enough. But the the title of the post is Women's Basketball and it's actually a post about the lady gris. This poster seems intent on promoting gris everything on this forum and it's getting a bit ridiculous IMO. I know I don't have to read anything he posts but when generally titled the assumption is there's an actual topic for discussion, but no, just gris promo again. 🤔
The post is more Native American and Montana women centric. I followed the Cat men and women closely last season, due to the two Native American players. I bet I knew more about the Cat men than most of you. Do you know how much NIL Battle got at West Virginia? Do to know who carried the Big Sky trophy back to Bozeman on his lap? Also, Andy Hill is one of my best friends. I didn’t attend any Griz hoops last season.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:23 pm

Grizfan7 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:07 pm
nanacat wrote:
tdub wrote:
The post is more Native American and Montana women centric. I followed the Cat men and women closely last season, due to the two Native American players. I bet I knew more about the Cat men than most of you. Do you know how much NIL Battle got at West Virginia? Do to know who carried the Big Sky trophy back to Bozeman on his lap? Also, Andy Hill is one of my best friends. I didn’t attend any Griz hoops last season.
Are you trying to bait us into claiming that you are overly obsessed with student athletes? I don't know any of those things and I don't really care to know them. I bet you follow a bunch of student athletes on twitter as well. I don't and won't do that. Take an inventory and target those areas that might be unhealthy. Your kind of student involvement should not be encouraged.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Grizfan7
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Grizfan7 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:30 pm

Rich K wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:23 pm
Grizfan7 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:07 pm
nanacat wrote:
tdub wrote:
Are you trying to bait us into claiming that you are overly obsessed with student athletes? I don't know any of those things and I don't really care to know them. I bet you follow a bunch of student athletes on twitter as well. I don't and won't do that. Take an inventory and target those areas that might be unhealthy. Your kind of student involvement should not be encouraged.
I'm not on any social media, except a couple athletic message boards. Certainly no twitter. I see nothing wrong with a Native American following Native American players. My student involvement? Not sure what you are talking about. Don't think watching games and talking to coaches is "student involvement". I do have 5 kids, tho.