Griz finally have complete game

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Griz finally have complete game

Post by Cataholic » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:12 pm

Grizfan7 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:17 pm
Grizfan7 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:05 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:09 pm
Grizfan7 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:53 pm
Some more things from last night's UM game.

Lucas Semb tweet: "Sac State headed to the locker room with groups of teammates fighting one another - verbally and physically with some shoving and grabbing - as they walked off & yelling at what looked like their own fan base behind their bench. Bizarre end to the half!” [This was right after the SS player got tossed for taking off his helmet and throwing it to the ground, with 2 secs left in the half.]

In the 4th Q, UM had 1 pass (the long TD) and 14 rushes. After the TD, 13 rushes, averaging almost 9 yards per carry. UM’s o-line just pounded SS, both in that quarter and at certain other times.

After a huge pushing and shoving match on the Griz sideline (after Bergen had been shoved when he was out of bounds; no penalty, shouldn’t have been one), about 20 or more (guess) SS players got involved with the Griz bench for a long incident. After a long pow wow, the refs gave unsportsmanlike penalties to both teams and said the next player to get one would be tossed. That’s why both a SS player and a Griz player later got tossed for their individual unsportsmanlike penalties. I assume the players don’t have to sit a half like is done for targeting, but don’t know.

Gubner, the all-conference nose guard, had another great game. Almost had a safety on a SD rb. Later ran down the SS QB for a key sack, where Gubner stunted outside of the DE and had to go around the edge to get to get the QB. who had tried to scramble to the other side.
You are such a Gris excuse maker. That is why nobody takes you seriously. In that pushing match out of bounds, about 10 Gris players got in the Sac State players face and started to shove him around. Total garbage from your team. The Sac State guys came to help him when he was getting ganged up on. Don’t make excuses for them.
I didn't make excuses for the Griz or anyone. Of course, a lot of Griz were involved. It was on their sideline. Note that the SS player started the ruckus when he shoved Bergen. My seats are right above the bench area. A lot of SS players got into the shoving match. They are more aggressive than the Griz, in my view. I had a perfect view of what happened.
Aren’t you the same guy who rushed to Stockman’s the morning after one of your Gris was arrested for assault? Going down to do your own investigation and make sure the authorities didn’t railroad him? You need any other examples? Your history of excuses is a long one.
Nope, I have never done anything like that and have never represented a Griz in any matter. And, I don't know what incident you are even talking about.
Yeah. Maybe not defending them in court, but your list of excuses for Gris player’s behavior is a long one. The link below is a reminder. And wasn’t the Stockman’s incident involving Counts?

https://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/v ... 16&t=27383

Grizfan7
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Griz finally have complete game

Post by Grizfan7 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:34 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:12 pm
Grizfan7 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:17 pm
Grizfan7 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:05 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:09 pm
Grizfan7 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:53 pm
Some more things from last night's UM game.

Lucas Semb tweet: "Sac State headed to the locker room with groups of teammates fighting one another - verbally and physically with some shoving and grabbing - as they walked off & yelling at what looked like their own fan base behind their bench. Bizarre end to the half!” [This was right after the SS player got tossed for taking off his helmet and throwing it to the ground, with 2 secs left in the half.]

In the 4th Q, UM had 1 pass (the long TD) and 14 rushes. After the TD, 13 rushes, averaging almost 9 yards per carry. UM’s o-line just pounded SS, both in that quarter and at certain other times.

After a huge pushing and shoving match on the Griz sideline (after Bergen had been shoved when he was out of bounds; no penalty, shouldn’t have been one), about 20 or more (guess) SS players got involved with the Griz bench for a long incident. After a long pow wow, the refs gave unsportsmanlike penalties to both teams and said the next player to get one would be tossed. That’s why both a SS player and a Griz player later got tossed for their individual unsportsmanlike penalties. I assume the players don’t have to sit a half like is done for targeting, but don’t know.

Gubner, the all-conference nose guard, had another great game. Almost had a safety on a SD rb. Later ran down the SS QB for a key sack, where Gubner stunted outside of the DE and had to go around the edge to get to get the QB. who had tried to scramble to the other side.
You are such a Gris excuse maker. That is why nobody takes you seriously. In that pushing match out of bounds, about 10 Gris players got in the Sac State players face and started to shove him around. Total garbage from your team. The Sac State guys came to help him when he was getting ganged up on. Don’t make excuses for them.
I didn't make excuses for the Griz or anyone. Of course, a lot of Griz were involved. It was on their sideline. Note that the SS player started the ruckus when he shoved Bergen. My seats are right above the bench area. A lot of SS players got into the shoving match. They are more aggressive than the Griz, in my view. I had a perfect view of what happened.
Aren’t you the same guy who rushed to Stockman’s the morning after one of your Gris was arrested for assault? Going down to do your own investigation and make sure the authorities didn’t railroad him? You need any other examples? Your history of excuses is a long one.
Nope, I have never done anything like that and have never represented a Griz in any matter. And, I don't know what incident you are even talking about.
Yeah. Maybe not defending them in court, but your list of excuses for Gris player’s behavior is a long one. The link below is a reminder. And wasn’t the Stockman’s incident involving Counts?

https://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/v ... 16&t=27383
Yes, I have stuck up for some Griz on legal matters, but only the situations where I had inside info or knew what occurred. My recollection is that my view turned out to be right in every one of those situations, except one or two. I don't recall Counts getting into any assault trouble. He was one of several who ducked into what they thought was an unoccupied house that was under construction one night, but it turned out that part of the house was occupied. They plead guilty to misdemeanor criminal trespass. They were initially charged with felonies. I said almost immediately that that wouldn't stick. One of the 3, Kendrick Van Ackeren, later coached for Mont. St. "He is in his fourth year with the Beavers after spending the first three as a defensive graduate assistant coach. This came after spending the 2017 season in a similar role at Montana State." Looks like he left Oregon St. and is at CSU-Pueblo now.