um at UND

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: um at UND

Post by seataccat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:02 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:00 pm
MSU Toddler wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:44 pm
FTMFG

#RTD

Where will they be ranked next week?
They are ranked 22nd this week. I would assume they'll be 21st next week because the NCAA would fold without all the UM money and all of their huge crowds in Uncle Sugar Denny's stadium.
Yea, we all know that the entire country hangs on what what the friz do every week.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Well, if I remember all the hype based on factual accuracy the mere presence of BH will be enough to gut out two more wins on the season than they otherwise would have gotten.

So... I think they used up those two games in Week 1 and Week 2.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 am

The Griz are very lucky not to play EWU, Weber, and NAU this year. I have them at 5-5 heading into Cat-Griz… 5-6 after that. The Griz program over the past decade as been a middle-of-the-road Big Sky team. They are not a perennial power and are irrelevant in any playoff discussion. It will take Hauck time, but I think the days of perennial top-echelon in the Big Sky are gone and I really don't think they will come back! I think you'll see the Griz contend for the Big Sky maybe every four-years...that is all!

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 am

Loved watching them get steamrolled, especially with the savior Bobby Bevis. I hope he is their version of Earle!

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Anacomando wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 am
The Griz are very lucky not to play EWU, Weber, and NAU this year. I have them at 5-5 heading into Cat-Griz… 5-6 after that. The Griz program over the past decade as been a middle-of-the-road Big Sky team. They are not a perennial power and are irrelevant in any playoff discussion. It will take Hauck time, but I think the days of perennial top-echelon in the Big Sky are gone and I really don't think they will come back! I think you'll see the Griz contend for the Big Sky maybe every four-years...that is all!
BH said that the BSC was no better than when he left just that the Griz need to get back to the top. Maybe he is correct but EWU has assumed the mantle of being the elite team um once was. I agree I don't see them being the dominant force they were the first time he was the head coach. They are going to go thru the same process we did when Choate came in as the head coach.

golden77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by golden77 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:37 pm

When I watched the UM Portland State game I thought maybe the grizzlies just had one of those games every team seems to have once a year. Then I watched the North Dakota UM game and I thought wow, this is two weeks in a row where the grizzlies have looked absolutely horrendous. Now after back to back devestating losses they have to sit around for two full weeks and then take on the top team in the conference, Cal Davis. They say your only as good as the last game you played, and if the Grizzlies have their last two games to look back at I believe they are in serious trouble.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:51 pm

golden77 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:37 pm
When I watched the UM Portland State game I thought maybe the grizzlies just had one of those games every team seems to have once a year. Then I watched the North Dakota UM game and I thought wow, this is two weeks in a row where the grizzlies have looked absolutely horrendous. Now after back to back devestating losses they have to sit around for two full weeks and then take on the top team in the conference, Cal Davis. They say your only as good as the last game you played, and if the Grizzlies have their last two games to look back at I believe they are in serious trouble.
Agree. From the outside it looks like there are probably some deeper issues going on inside that program to completely melt down like that two games in a row. I'm guessing you see similar play against UCD, turnovers, undisciplined. dumb mistakes, and a lopsided win for UCD.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!