dUMb Schedule????

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: dUMb Schedule????

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:34 am

FCS still loves the Griz. Simple. With that said...conference schedules are indeed somewhat luck of the draw. But there is no question Griz get some benefits other teams don't (not just us).

Silenoz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Silenoz » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:51 am

This is a pretty silly thread, and that is coming from a member of a fanbase with lots of silly threads to its name. We've played two Valley teams and Sac State, a team most, including most of the people here, predicted to beat us. And as for the remaining schedule, blame Idaho and Southern Utah for being significantly worse than anyone predicted they would be this year. Do we avoid EWU for the first time in an eternity? Blame the Big Sky, I would have voted for 3 protected rivals. But that is still a pretty silly thing to get upset about considering you guys are matched up...Northern Colorado is it? I honestly don't even know, but long-term you have are sure to have a much easier path in that regard.
autocat wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:46 am
the combined record of missoula city college opponents including Portland State is 10-15

You don't play the league leaders and two playoff teams Eastern or Weber

Beat UC-Davis by 50 and win out you'll make the playoffs, not happening [-X
I realize this is a sour grapes post, post-loss, so emotions are running high, but no 9-2 Big Sky team with 9 DI wins is missing the playoffs. It's seriously doubtful that a 8-3 team would either.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Silenoz wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:51 am
This is a pretty silly thread, and that is coming from a member of a fanbase with lots of silly threads to its name. We've played two Valley teams and Sac State, a team most, including most of the people here, predicted to beat us. And as for the remaining schedule, blame Idaho and Southern Utah for being significantly worse than anyone predicted they would be this year. Do we avoid EWU for the first time in an eternity? Blame the Big Sky, I would have voted for 3 protected rivals. But that is still a pretty silly thing to get upset about considering you guys are matched up...Northern Colorado is it? I honestly don't even know, but long-term you have are sure to have a much easier path in that regard.
autocat wrote:
the combined record of missoula city college opponents including Portland State is 10-15

I realize this is a sour grapes post, post-loss, so emotions are running high, but no 9-2 Big Sky team with 9 DI wins is missing the playoffs. It's seriously doubtful that a 8-3 team would either.
Hate to agree with a griz fan but he is right. This is a silly thread and most people thought Idaho and SUU would be good this year.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

mcg
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mcg » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:05 pm

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:34 am
FCS still loves the Griz. Simple. With that said...conference schedules are indeed somewhat luck of the draw. But there is no question Griz get some benefits other teams don't (not just us).
So I gotta ask, what are the benefits the Griz get and other teams don't? Please be specific.

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:14 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:07 am
Hard to understand how Griz fans can be trolling. Granted they are 4-1, but they were spotted 14 points by Cal Poly in the initial 10 minutes of the game. Take away those scores and it is 34-28 against the last place team in the conference that was beat 70-14 last week. CP had two backs rush for over 100 yards each and their safety had 17 tackles. That is a lot of second level tackles. I am only looking at the box scores, but those are not real positive indicators.
Not sure if you were referring to me, but my post was not "trolling." I admitted that the Griz benefit from a fairly easy conference schedule this year. I also stand by my statement of wishing we played Eastern Washington. This would probably be a loss in the standings, but I believe Montana should play Montana State, Idaho and Eastern every season.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Good thing, if they make the playoffs they won’t get past round one. Next year their schedule gets a little harder. They will crumble.....

Also, go easy on them because next year we dont play EWU, Weber, ISU or Idaho if the schedule I looked at is correct.

Punters are people too!!

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:00 pm

Remember Gold is tested in fire... I mean Blue and Gold

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:07 pm

The way the BS does scheduling is F'ed up...

A few years ago North Dakota had it way too easy
then it was Southern Utah
Now UM

With 13 fricken teams it will never make sense. 12 when ND leaves...

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Silenoz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Silenoz » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:14 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:21 pm
Good thing, if they make the playoffs they won’t get past round one. Next year their schedule gets a little harder. They will crumble.....

Also, go easy on them because next year we dont play EWU, Weber, ISU or Idaho if the schedule I looked at is correct.
Have you seen the teams that play in round one? I like our odds in WaGriz. Round two? Yeah, odds are good we'll get stomped. That's still significant progress over the last couple seasons.

Not sure why I'm bothering, this is some weird sort of commiseration thread, so I'll leave you to it. Not that I blame you, eGriz does the same thing.

mtgrizfankb
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by mtgrizfankb » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:16 pm

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:34 am
If that was the case wouldn't the griz have gotten in at 7-4 multiple years over other 7-4 teams? You do realize the Big Sky rotates this stupid scheduling so in the next year you will also miss EWU and Weber. The griz played 2 MVFC teams this year...not sure what else you want there. This post just screams jealousy that the griz are on pace for the playoffs and MSU probably isn't.

If you sit down and watch all the big sky teams and watch a lot of FCS and then make a rational analysis. Is UM a top 5 team? Hell NO. are the top 15? maybe. maybe not. Top 25? absolutely. They outplayed every team they have played. A young team gave up a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left on the road for the only loss. They are getting a lot better at their major weak areas. Balanced on offense. Sneed has been a star Running and Passing. Defense as the leading tackler in FCS and the preseason DPOY in the sky right next to him. The Griz are top 3 in the sky. Weber and EWU I would still easily put ahead. MSU has talent but HAS to figure out that offense. At times they look like they are gonna start to put it together and then...they look terrible right after. MSU still has a route to the playoffs but have 3 tough games (ISU, Weber, Montana) left and they have to win 2 of 3 probably. MSU gets a good game next week vs Idaho to get things rolling and gets weber at home...a win there and MSU is looking at finishing strong. MSU is at the decision point. They lost a tough game...do they go to work and put it together or do they struggle to find themselves?? The next 2 weeks will prove if MSU is a playoff caliber team. They have a playoff Defense, can they put together the offense? well find out soon.

No way UM or MSU doesn't get in at 8-3. 7-4...depends on if you have a big win and if you beat weber...that might work too but being unranked for most the season I don't think will help there.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:39 pm

I was talking to Colter yesterday and he said UM will probably go 9-2 this year. I have to agree. At first I said SUU and Idaho might be better than their records, but he pointed out that teams that don’t have much to play for tend to roll over. SUU is now 0-4. And Idaho only beat PSU 20-7 at home.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:39 pm
I was talking to Colter yesterday and he said UM will probably go 9-2 this year. I have to agree. At first I said SUU and Idaho might be better than their records, but he pointed out that teams that don’t have much to play for tend to roll over. SUU is now 0-4. And Idaho only beat PSU 20-7 at home.
Could happen with their schedule. But Colter generally overrates the griz, too. They could just as easily be 7-4 as 9-2.

griz5700

Post by griz5700 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm

And the Hauck wins continue to pile up. Wait until he gets his own recruits. \:D/ \:D/

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:27 pm

griz5700 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm
And the Hauck wins continue to pile up. Wait until he gets his own recruits. \:D/ \:D/
Wait till he plays good teams.

Nick1
New Recruit

Post by Nick1 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:44 pm

autocat wrote:

Why did you include PSU who the Griz haven't played? Is it because 10-11 looks better? Or is the Cats 10-14 opponnent record currently as irrelevant as your argument?

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Who gives a rats a$$ what the jizz's schedule is. They are taking care of business and playing good football. I love our schedule and if we were ready for prime time, it would be be a schedule that gets us ready for the playoffs and bolsters our seeding. Whining about the jizz's schedule sounds a lot like something one's little brother would say. Lots of sour grapes to be had around here.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm

Clinton T wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:51 pm
Who gives a rats a$$ what the jizz's schedule is. They are taking care of business and playing good football. I love our schedule and if we were ready for prime time, it would be be a schedule that gets us ready for the playoffs and bolsters our seeding. Whining about the jizz's schedule sounds a lot like something one's little brother would say. Lots of sour grapes to be had around here.
Well that's what happens around here after a loss.
But the fact is, if the griz played EWU and sdsu, they'd be 3-2 just like us. I'm not the one who started the thread, I'm just trying to give some perspective to the griz trolls that come here shooting off their mouths after we lose.

Nick1
New Recruit

Post by Nick1 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:07 pm
The way the BS does scheduling is F'ed up...

A few years ago North Dakota had it way too easy
then it was Southern Utah
Now UM

With 13 fricken teams it will never make sense. 12 when ND leaves...
I agree, is it fair that some teams are guaranteed to play their 2 "rivals" each year? Not sure who gets who, but somebody gets PSU or NCU every year.

mtgrizfankb
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by mtgrizfankb » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:37 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm
Clinton T wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:51 pm
Well that's what happens around here after a loss.
But the fact is, if the griz played EWU and sdsu, they'd be 3-2 just like us. I'm not the one who started the thread, I'm just trying to give some perspective to the griz trolls that come here shooting off their mouths after we lose.
Right, put if you played at home UNI game 1 and WIU on the road when the Griz did. I would venture to bet you would be 0-2 in those games as well. If you watch both teams and can walk away thinking both teams are the same quality right now then you are lying to yourself. It could all be 100% different in 2 months but right now...it’s not.

Also for those who think Colter thinks too highly of the Griz, then you obviously don’t listen to all the podcasts. He is very reasonable for both teams and I think honestly still is a very big critic of the Griz right now

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:41 pm

mtgrizfankb wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Also for those who think Colter thinks too highly of the Griz, then you obviously don’t listen to all the podcasts. He is very reasonable for both teams and I think honestly still is a very big critic of the Griz right now
Colter and his brother are much harsher when breaking down the Cats compared to Colter and Houghton or Tootell.
Last edited by Hawks86 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."