Camp Marty for Quarterbacks

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Camp Marty for Quarterbacks

Post by Rich K » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:54 am

https://youtu.be/gq2Jnly0WL8

Marty Mornhinweg brought Micheal Vick along for a quarterback school in Missoula. Interesting premise. 2 instructors with 16 invited high school quarterbacks. The cost to the kids was $0 as the camp was underwritten by sponsors.

I think this is a great idea. My thinking obviously goes to Camp Lulay.

But what about the guys that didn't get invited? To me this creates an ethical dilemma. The 16 quarterbacks that did get invited got a valuable gift. I remember Prukop attending personal quarterback camps, but I sure thought he payed for them. Are the rules different for athletes before they enter college?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: Camp Marty for Quarterbacks

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Athletes are not allowed to accept gifts from people who are affiliated with college athletics, nor from people who stand to profit from an athlete's abilities (e.g., a sports drink company that could use a popular college athlete's image to move more units). That doesn't mean they aren't allowed to accept gifts from ANYONE. I mean, it's not like everyone with a 2-star rating or higher has to cancel Christmas.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers