Engstrom out at U of M

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Engstrom out at U of M

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:39 pm

allcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:Saw that a lot of people want Denise Juneau to be hired. Now that would be hilarious.
Why would that be hilarious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see it as hilarious, but I would see it as a wrong move. I think that running a college has become a very specialized profession. I don't really think she has the qualifications.
I don't think she will be considered simply because she doesn't have a PhD, but is running a university that much different or difficult than being in charge of all K-12 education for the entire state?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Engstrom out at U of M

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 pm

wbtfg wrote:
allcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:Saw that a lot of people want Denise Juneau to be hired. Now that would be hilarious.

I don't see it as hilarious, but I would see it as a wrong move. I think that running a college has become a very specialized profession. I don't really think she has the qualifications.
I don't think she will be considered simply because she doesn't have a PhD, but is running a university that much different or difficult than being in charge of all K-12 education for the entire state?

Yes

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:20 pm

wbtfg wrote:
allcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Absolutely. Plus she has created a bunch of issues within her area of the state and is unequally qualified at creating inter department issues.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:21 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Are we best friends?

No.

Ok maybe.

Pretty please can we be?

Ok sure.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:34 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
allcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Absolutely. Plus she has created a bunch of issues within her area of the state and is unequally qualified at creating inter department issues.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:41 pm

wbtfg wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
allcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Stupid spell check/auto correct on my phone.

Excellent Chan meme by the by!

catpound
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catpound » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:44 am

RickRund wrote:
catatac wrote:
WeedKillinCat wrote:What would happen to the U of M if enrollment keeps dropping even with new leadership? Will it just become another part of the MSU system? Could they drop to D2 for athletics?
Ya, or NAIA. They could end up as just another satellite campus stemming from the Flagship MSU campus in Bozeman. So much like MSU Northern and MSU Billings, there would be MSU Missoula and they could compete in the Frontier Conference. 8)
Well, they do have an innovative lower division coach...
:thumbup: Ha, I mean he does take credit for "inventing" the jet sweep.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:34 pm

I don't get too excited to hear about problems like enrollment in Griz land. In order to maintain our fantastic rivalry and for fans and alumni to continue an unhealthy hatred, we need them to continue to exist. In this day and age where many students are realizing that career paths in STEM categories are in much higher demand it makes sense that places like dUMb might suffer. I think students are getting smarter and realize that college is too expensive to come out of with a worthless degree. So I guess we have to hope for smarter administrators for the dark pinkers or more dumb kids who will travel to Missoula to learn how to draw and dance.

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:46 pm

utucats wrote:I don't get too excited to hear about problems like enrollment in Griz land. In order to maintain our fantastic rivalry and for fans and alumni to continue an unhealthy hatred, we need them to continue to exist. In this day and age where many students are realizing that career paths in STEM categories are in much higher demand it makes sense that places like dUMb might suffer. I think students are getting smarter and realize that college is too expensive to come out of with a worthless degree. So I guess we have to hope for smarter administrators for the dark pinkers or more dumb kids who will travel to Missoula to learn how to draw and dance.
Unfortunately, you are correct about a lot in this statement.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:37 am

grizpack wrote:
utucats wrote:I don't get too excited to hear about problems like enrollment in Griz land. In order to maintain our fantastic rivalry and for fans and alumni to continue an unhealthy hatred, we need them to continue to exist. In this day and age where many students are realizing that career paths in STEM categories are in much higher demand it makes sense that places like dUMb might suffer. I think students are getting smarter and realize that college is too expensive to come out of with a worthless degree. So I guess we have to hope for smarter administrators for the dark pinkers or more dumb kids who will travel to Missoula to learn how to draw and dance.
Well that sucks. I was hoping to annoy griz posters with that statement not find agreement. :D

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:54 pm

utucats wrote:
grizpack wrote:
Well that sucks. I was hoping to annoy griz posters with that statement not find agreement. :D
LOL. Sorry I couldn't make you happier. I would like nothing better than to have great smack to come back with, but I got nothing.... :( Maybe someone with a degree in English Literature can come up with something....

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:49 pm

I have a niece, she did not go to um, that got a degree in Creative Writing (think I have the right name) and she just got a job in Portland................ at IKEA.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.