Big XII expanding by 4 teams?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Re: Big XII expanding by 4 teams?

Post by The Butcher » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:23 am

If, and that is a big IF, they took someone from the MWC I would presume that a Missouri Valley team would get a hard look at filling and conference void(s). I would think right now NDSU would be top contender to enter FBS over MSU or um.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:41 pm

ESPN reported that BYU has publicly expressed interest to join the Big 12 in all sports.

Also, I was just in Denver last week where Colorado State has a big following. From what I understand, CSU is actually building a new stadium right now. Given the size and growth of the Denver area and how bad CU has been, it would seem to be a great time for CSU to join the Big 12.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:33 am

“A number of Mountain West institutions have expressed interest in looking at Big 12 membership,” said Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson, who would not specify which schools. “What’s going to happen? Nobody has any idea. ... No idea on what the timetable might be. No idea if if affects a current Mountain West member. We’re all playing this game that some people have said is similar to a sweepstakes.”
“We could look beyond 12 (schools),” Thompson said. “This membership/expansion door swings both ways. This week I’ve had more than one and less than five institutions reach out to me and say, ‘Can we be in the Mountain West Conference?’ ”
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... expansion/

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:22 am

Seeking clarity: The key questions in the Big 12 expansion movement

Quickly
•Who is the Big 12 going to add? It's the biggest question facing college sports, and the league has a host of issues to address that will guide how its expansion unfolds.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016 ... =si_social