Bob's Titt's Grizzlies

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Bob's Titt's Grizzlies

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:55 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:It's like when I bump into Syracuse fans and remind them of that MBB game between them and Montana where their 50-point win was vacated. I always remind them that they didn't really win it and to this day we are not sure who the better team was. :wink:
LOL, yeah, humor is a good way to deal with it. If only we were Georgetown! :wink:
I'm not being humorous at all. It really just is unknown who the better team was that day because nobody "won" the game!
:D
Oh OK. Yeah, you got a point there. If Syracuse hadn't been using ineligible players we might've beat them. Next time you hear a Syracuse fan bragging about their 47-point win over us set him straight. I know I would. Getting caught cheating is worse than losing.
Last edited by grizgirl on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go Dark Brandon!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:56 pm

i'm with tampa on this one. it's the same reason shared conference championships are so stupid. no way you can claim those if you're tied atop the conference with another team. especially not when that other team beat you during the season. it's silly. but I doubt anyone here would spout off about conference titles when they were shared so it's a moot point.

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:59 pm

ilovethecats wrote:i'm with tampa on this one. it's the same reason shared conference championships are so stupid. no way you can claim those if you're tied atop the conference with another team. especially not when that other team beat you during the season. it's silly. but I doubt anyone here would spout off about conference titles when they were shared so it's a moot point.
You'd rather get caught cheating and win, than lose fairly? [-X :^o Because getting caught cheating is the same as sharing a conference championship if you lost to the team you're sharing it with, but they lost to a team worse than you?
Last edited by grizgirl on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go Dark Brandon!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:00 pm

grizgirl wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:i'm with tampa on this one. it's the same reason shared conference championships are so stupid. no way you can claim those if you're tied atop the conference with another team. especially not when that other team beat you during the season. it's silly. but I doubt anyone here would spout off about conference titles when they were shared so it's a moot point.
You'd rather get caught cheating and win, than lose fairly? [-X :^o
not quite...

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:02 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
You'd rather get caught cheating and win, than lose fairly? [-X :^o
not quite...
Then it's not the same reason?

Go Dark Brandon!!

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:04 pm

grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:It's like when I bump into Syracuse fans and remind them of that MBB game between them and Montana where their 50-point win was vacated. I always remind them that they didn't really win it and to this day we are not sure who the better team was. :wink:
LOL, yeah, humor is a good way to deal with it. If only we were Georgetown! :wink:
I'm not being humorous at all. It really just is unknown who the better team was that day because nobody "won" the game!
Oh OK. Yeah, you got a point there. If Syracuse hadn't been using ineligible players we might've beat them. Next time you hear a Syracuse fan bragging about their 47-point win over us set him straight. I know I would. Getting caught cheating is worse than losing.
I'm glad we agree that there's no way of knowing whether the 2012-2013 Syracuse MBB team was better than Montana even though they played each other. I bet the guys that were on that year's Montana team broke into a huge celebration when the NCAA vacated the Syracuse win. Probably jumping around screaming, "We played Syracuse and didn't lose!"

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:06 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
I'm glad we agree that there's no way of knowing whether the 2012-2013 Syracuse MBB team was better than Montana even though they played each other. I bet the guys that were on that year's Montana team broke into a huge celebration when the NCAA vacated the Syracuse win. Probably jumping around screaming, "We played Syracuse and didn't lose!"

Actually the win was vacated, not the loss. So Montana still lost, Syracuse just didn't win. It's better than they had before the sanctions were handed out. I'd rather lose to a team by 47 that was cheating, than just lose by 47. \:D/

But, hey, Doug Fullerton just retired. Which is even better than that!!

Go Dark Brandon!!

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:10 pm

grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

So Montana still lost, Syracuse just didn't win.
That's what I'm saying! It's the most logical statement ever spoken and makes total sense. We just don't know who the better team was that day! I thought I was the only one that came to that conclusion. Now I know that you agree with me. What a relief!

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:18 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

That's what I'm saying! It's the most logical statement ever spoken and makes total sense. We just don't know who the better team was that day! I thought I was the only one that came to that conclusion. Now I know that you agree with me. What a relief!
No, you've just changed your mind and are agreeing with me. Good choice, btw! The players were probably jumping around screaming, "We played Syracuse and they didn't win!"

Go Dark Brandon!!

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:19 pm

grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

No, you've just changed your mind and are agreeing with me. Good choice, btw! The players were probably jumping around screaming, "We played Syracuse and they didn't win!"
That's what I said! And it's completely logical to wonder who the better team was! We ARE in agreement! Yay!

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:23 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

That's what I said! And it's completely logical to wonder who the better team was! We ARE in agreement! Yay!
No you didn't, but I'm glad for you that you've come around to MY way of thinking. :)

Go Dark Brandon!!

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:27 pm

grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

No you didn't, but I'm glad for you that you've come around to MY way of thinking. :)
We agree! The game was played....Syracuse didn't win....Montana lost. It's what makes the most sense! And the Montana players that lost that day must have been elated to hear that even though they lost that day, no one beat them. Fantastic!

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:53 pm

Oh, probably not elated. I doubt they have a real strong feeling about it. Syracuse fans aren't especially proud of their teams during that era. No one can get too excited about their team when they find out they were cheating. I know I'm not proud of my 2011 Griz and I would never claim a win or a championship if they didn't play by the rules. I am proud of my beloved Griz for getting to the playoffs despite being short four scholarships. That's a nice accomplishment.

Go Dark Brandon!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Bobs titt. Lol

Someone needs to start that Twitter handle with a profile picture of fat bastard from Austin Powers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:49 pm

grizgirl wrote:Oh, probably not elated. I doubt they have a real strong feeling about it. Syracuse fans aren't especially proud of their teams during that era. No one can get too excited about their team when they find out they were cheating. I know I'm not proud of my 2011 Griz and I would never claim a win or a championship if they didn't play by the rules.
They have to have strong feelings about it. It was a post-season game in the NCAA tournament. Look at MSU fans regarding the 2011 Brawl. They feel very strongly about that particulars of that game and it wasn't even in the post-season!

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:08 am

tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:Oh, probably not elated. I doubt they have a real strong feeling about it. Syracuse fans aren't especially proud of their teams during that era. No one can get too excited about their team when they find out they were cheating. I know I'm not proud of my 2011 Griz and I would never claim a win or a championship if they didn't play by the rules.
They have to have strong feelings about it. It was a post-season game in the NCAA tournament. Look at MSU fans regarding the 2011 Brawl. They feel very strongly about that particulars of that game and it wasn't even in the post-season!
The main thing anyone feels strongly about is the cheating. I don't think it really matters a whole lot that the NCAA struck the wins out of the record books. Whether they did that or not, fans everywhere (not just at MSU regarding UM or UM regarding Syracuse) feel cheated whenever anyone cheats. And we are, in fact, cheated.

What's more bothersome to me is that people don't seem to mind the lack of integrity. A team cheating is bad enough, but then there are people that don't even want to acknowledge it. In my opinion they don't care about the sport and they consider their school and themselves bigger than the sport and if cheating will get them to No. 1, they're all for it.

Go Dark Brandon!!

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:42 am

grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
The main thing anyone feels strongly about is the cheating. I don't think it really matters a whole lot that the NCAA struck the wins out of the record books. Whether they did that or not, fans everywhere (not just at MSU regarding UM or UM regarding Syracuse) feel cheated whenever anyone cheats. And we are, in fact, cheated.

What's more bothersome to me is that people don't seem to mind the lack of integrity. A team cheating is bad enough, but then there are people that don't even want to acknowledge it. In my opinion they don't care about the sport and they consider their school and themselves bigger than the sport and if cheating will get them to No. 1, they're all for it.
Well, so far you're the only Griz fan I've encountered that feels "cheated" out of the Syracuse victory. All of the Griz fans I've spoke with don't think it really mattered and that Syracuse was a far better team as indicated by the score. But as you and I've established the Griz lost that today but Syracuse didn't win. So that kind of takes the sting out of the loss. And while the Griz lost that day, we aren't sure to whom they lost.

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:18 am

tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:

Well, so far you're the only Griz fan I've encountered that feels "cheated" out of the Syracuse victory. All of the Griz fans I've spoke with don't think it really mattered and that Syracuse was a far better team as indicated by the score. But as you and I've established the Griz lost that today but Syracuse didn't win. So that kind of takes the sting out of the loss. And while the Griz lost that day, we aren't sure to whom they lost.
Well you're not the first Griz fan I've met that's tried to make a discussion about this frivolous. But you're the worst at trying to disguise it. :lol:

No, to take your statement that had no genuine purpose or value seriously, I don't feel cheated out of a Syracuse victory. I feel cheated out of playing in an important game against a team on the up-and-up and playing fairly. I'm glad we weren't the ones cheating and it does take a little bit of the sting away, but I know we probably would've lost that game anyway. This isn't about feeling good about anything, it's about not feeling bad or being contrite. It comes down to people not accepting their own mistake, crime, infraction, etc. That's the problem I have with our fans saying that just because we got caught cheating and had the wins removed from the record books doesn't mean we didn't win those games and make the playoffs. Doing that shows no integrity and if you don't have that then winning football games is meaningless. If you got caught cheating at poker, you wouldn't get to keep the money, so wouldn't you go around saying, "Yeah, but I won those hands." Well, maybe you would, but I wouldn't. :wink:

Go Dark Brandon!!

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:46 am

grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:

Well you're not the first Griz fan I've met that's tried to make a discussion about this frivolous. But you're the worst at trying to disguise it. :lol:
There's some irony. Thanks for that. :)

In an earlier post you said, "And we are, in fact, cheated." Now you're saying we weren't cheated and that we would've likely lost the game anyway.

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:07 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:....is apparently the only football team in the state of Montana... What a joke. The arrogance is only rivaled by the hypocrisy....the "Pride of Montana", that ends up being the villain in a best selling novel, and the focus of a 60 Minutes Sports feature expose. When was their last conference championship again? I forget...like 8 years or something?

Story from the moosoulian:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/mo ... a6acf.html
If that article gave you that much anger, you must have a lot of issues. I guess you probably were angry at Mac Bignell for his tweet about hating the grizzlies and wanting a hunting season. Are you mad about #own the state, r is it just when an opposing team does it? Relax. It is just a game. That rage is going to eat you up.