Bob's Titt's Grizzlies

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Doc3kgt
BobcatNation Team Captain

Bob's Titt's Grizzlies

Post by Doc3kgt » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:13 pm

....is apparently the only football team in the state of Montana... What a joke. The arrogance is only rivaled by the hypocrisy....the "Pride of Montana", that ends up being the villain in a best selling novel, and the focus of a 60 Minutes Sports feature expose. When was their last conference championship again? I forget...like 8 years or something?

Story from the moosoulian:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/mo ... a6acf.html

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bob's Titt's Grizzlies

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Wrong forum

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:27 pm

"I know they're a bigger program," began Schillinger of the Big 10 Conference power, "but in the sense that they sell out their stadium every week. They're the one team in their state. I like to think that we're the one team in the state. Nebraska kids want to go play at Nebraska and Montana kids want to go play (here). And you'd better win."
If Grizzly coaches weren't saying these things, I would head over to Missoula and give them a swift kick in the "you know whats". This is what makes this rivalry great. Arrogant? Sure, but Shann also walked the walk during his playing days. Makes it that much sweeter when we win. Quotes like this are never a bad thing and it has zero effect on in-state recruiting. Both coaching staffs are pretty confident right now and I hope we are both playing for the Big Sky on the final game of the regular season...like it should be.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:29 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
"I know they're a bigger program," began Schillinger of the Big 10 Conference power, "but in the sense that they sell out their stadium every week. They're the one team in their state. I like to think that we're the one team in the state. Nebraska kids want to go play at Nebraska and Montana kids want to go play (here). And you'd better win."
If Grizzly coaches weren't saying these things, I would head over to Missoula and give them a swift kick in the "you know whats". This is what makes this rivalry great. Arrogant? Sure, but Shann also walked the walk during his playing days. Makes it that much sweeter when we win. Quotes like this are never a bad thing and it has zero effect on in-state recruiting. Both coaching staffs are pretty confident right now and I hope we are both playing for the Big Sky on the final game of the regular season...like it should be.
The last time the Griz won the BSC, was the last year Shann played, 2009

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:34 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
The last time the Griz won the BSC, was the last year Shann played, 2009 for Bob Hauck
Fify

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:00 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:....is apparently the only football team in the state of Montana... What a joke. The arrogance is only rivaled by the hypocrisy....the "Pride of Montana", that ends up being the villain in a best selling novel, and the focus of a 60 Minutes Sports feature expose. When was their last conference championship again? I forget...like 8 years or something?

Uh-oh. Did the panties getting wadded up, cause you to put this in the football forum?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:04 pm

allcat wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:....is apparently the only football team in the state of Montana... What a joke. The arrogance is only rivaled by the hypocrisy....the "Pride of Montana", that ends up being the villain in a best selling novel, and the focus of a 60 Minutes Sports feature expose. When was their last conference championship again? I forget...like 8 years or something?

Uh-oh. Did the panties getting wadded up, cause you to put this in the football forum?
Yes

They're all bunched and riding up.

They get that way when things aren't in their proper place.

Like this thread that should either be in college athletics or smack, but not here.

You don't poop in the sink do ya? Things go where they belong.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:09 pm

Probably should ask alpa which forum it belongs in.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:47 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Do you guys really not count 2011 or just forgot about it? I guess I don't blame ya if you put it in the past. I know that one stung a lot.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:53 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Do you guys really not count 2011 or just forgot about it? I guess I don't blame ya if you put it in the past. I know that one stung a lot.
Show me where it says you won or shared the title in 2011

I'll wait

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:59 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I'll wait
So you've put it behind you then. Like I said, I don't blame ya. It's almost cute you guys don't count it. We all saw it so i guess I can't UN-see it easily as others.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:05 am

Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I'll wait
So you've put it behind you then. Like I said, I don't blame ya. It's almost cute you guys don't count it. We all saw it so i guess I can't UN-see it easily as others.
Well, really nobody counts it. When you cheat, and get caught, you don't win. :shrug: just ask Lance Armstrong or Reggie Bush. Poof, it's gone, like you weren't a participant.

As far as I or anyone else for that matter can tell, MSU was the outright champion that year.

So I take it you can't find anything that says otherwise?

Didn't think so.

[emoji41][HOT BEVERAGE]️

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:54 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I'll wait
Well, really nobody counts it. When you cheat, and get caught, you don't win. :shrug: just ask Lance Armstrong or Reggie Bush. Poof, it's gone, like you weren't a participant.

As far as I or anyone else for that matter can tell, MSU was the outright champion that year.

Didn't think so.

[emoji41][HOT BEVERAGE]️
In all fairness, Reggie Bush's fiasco was bull****. Had no bearing on the outcome of any game. He's still a Heisman trophy winner in my book. And I don't even like USC.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:38 am

Hawks86 wrote:Probably should ask alpa which forum it belongs in.
Well if you want to talk about real football it should be in the football section but the 5 or 6 of you that post here regularly dont so anywhere is fine.

:coffee:

P.S. I dont always poop in the sink but when I do..........its not my sink.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:13 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I'll wait

Didn't think so.

[emoji41][HOT BEVERAGE]️
A very quick Google search showed this as the first result, which does show a shared conference title.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor ... on_seasons

But I do understand what you are saying. I can admit however, with 100% certainty, that even if the shoe were on the other foot, I could not pretend it just never happened. Whether it's on paper or vacated or whatever, I would always remember what happened that day and not pretend it was a figment of my imagination. To each his own though.

Silenoz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Silenoz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Whenever I give eGriz a rare visit it takes about 5 seconds to come across posts from you and LTCF. You both have an obsession. Like 2506 before you, you're compulsed to... set us in our place I guess? Gotta love the token sports fans who cannot get over a rivalry :roll:

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I'll wait

Didn't think so.

[emoji41][HOT BEVERAGE]️
A very quick Google search showed this as the first result, which does show a shared conference title.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor ... on_seasons

But I do understand what you are saying. I can admit however, with 100% certainty, that even if the shoe were on the other foot, I could not pretend it just never happened. Whether it's on paper or vacated or whatever, I would always remember what happened that day and not pretend it was a figment of my imagination. To each his own though.
I'm baffled as to why you'd even entered this discussion. That was one of the most embarrassing chapters in Griz football history. We absolutely deserved to forfeit those games. I don't know why anyone would actually want to claim them. They're dirty and they represent a dark moment in time for all of us. We have no claim on any Big Sky championship or an appearance in the NCAA playoffs in 2011. End of story. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Go Dark Brandon!!

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:05 pm

It's like when I bump into Syracuse fans and remind them of that MBB game between them and Montana where their 50-point win was vacated. I always remind them that they didn't really win it and to this day we are not sure who the better team was. :wink:

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:26 pm

tampa_griz wrote:It's like when I bump into Syracuse fans and remind them of that MBB game between them and Montana where their 50-point win was vacated. I always remind them that they didn't really win it and to this day we are not sure who the better team was. :wink:
LOL, yeah, humor is a good way to deal with it. If only we were Georgetown! :wink:

Go Dark Brandon!!

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:29 pm

grizgirl wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:It's like when I bump into Syracuse fans and remind them of that MBB game between them and Montana where their 50-point win was vacated. I always remind them that they didn't really win it and to this day we are not sure who the better team was. :wink:
LOL, yeah, humor is a good way to deal with it. If only we were Georgetown! :wink:
I'm not being humorous at all. It really just is unknown who the better team was that day because nobody "won" the game!
:D