Portland State recruiting

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

JDoub
Member # Retired

Portland State recruiting

Post by JDoub » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:02 am

I have to re-think my position on Portland State now, I was thinking of them as a one-time flash in the pan last season. I know Kuresa is the real deal, and they're gaining momentum. Especially with the recent additions (including two FBS all-conference players and a BYU starter) they may be top tier Big Sky this fall.

Thoughts?? Is Portland State one of the favorites to win the Big Sky?

After this tweet came out: http://twitter.com/ArtEdgerlyFSP/status/747218652915601408 Portland State signed 4 transfers, 3 of them have been starters and productive at FBS schools -- two of them were all-conference (MWC and USA). http://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/747565433025241089

95bcfb
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Portland State recruiting

Post by 95bcfb » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Why wouldn't they be rated at the top? That's a serious question. Who else are you going to pick? Football teams are largely a result of coaching and I think that they have a good one. It wasn't as though they were loaded with talent last year - I think that most thought that they would finish towards the bottom of the pack. We have all seen what NAU's coach can do and in my opinion he is an upper middle of the road coach. I believe that they may have the most talented roster but I am not ready to believe that they can all of a sudden take the next step. I thought that Stitt's did a decent job last year but I don't think that he did anything special and they lost a LOT of talent on both the offence and defence. I don't mean this to be a dis on Stitt's but I don't think we have seen enough of him to rank UM at #1. EW will be a contender - we know that. However, I also think that we know they will have a crappy defense as well and we all know how that works out for teams.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Portland State recruiting

Post by seataccat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:48 pm

They have been an orphanage for drop down players for years. They have had a crapload of talent go through that place in the last 10 years. They will be good because of coaching stability and talent, they have had the players there to make a run for years.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire