MSU-Northern vs. Iowa wrestling

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

MSU-Northern vs. Iowa wrestling

Post by HiLineCat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:54 pm

Going to go see the Lights wrestling team take on Iowa tonight. Don't know if Iowa is bringing their "A" team or not, but I'm sure their still tough. Northern is rated number two in NAIA right now. As fortunate as we are to have Iowa coming to Havre it would have been nice to have this dual down in Billings along with the State Meet. I'm sure they would have filled the Metra for this dual this weekend.

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: MSU-Northern vs. Iowa wrestling

Post by bob12 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:57 pm

HiLineCat wrote:Going to go see the Lights wrestling team take on Iowa tonight. Don't know if Iowa is bringing their "A" team or not, but I'm sure their still tough. Northern is rated number two in NAIA right now. As fortunate as we are to have Iowa coming to Havre it would have been nice to have this dual down in Billings along with the State Meet. I'm sure they would have filled the Metra for this dual this weekend.

So how did this dual go?

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:13 pm

bob12 wrote:
HiLineCat wrote:Going to go see the Lights wrestling team take on Iowa tonight. Don't know if Iowa is bringing their "A" team or not, but I'm sure their still tough. Northern is rated number two in NAIA right now. As fortunate as we are to have Iowa coming to Havre it would have been nice to have this dual down in Billings along with the State Meet. I'm sure they would have filled the Metra for this dual this weekend.

So how did this dual go?
Not well for MSU-N, Iowa won 51-0

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Iowa was just quicker and stronger. It was kind of takedown practice for Iowa. The would take the Northern kid down and if they didn't have a good pin position they would let him escape and take him down again. Northern also had four true freshmen and a couple of redshirt freshmen going against some of the top wresters in the country. A kid from Chinook, Miller, put on the best showing. He was leading until giving up a takedown with about 30 seconds to go. Took the Iowa kid down right off the bat and scored a near fall, really had the crowd going. It was also about the only time the Iowa coaches really got on one of their wrestlers. Still wish that the would have held the dual in Billings so the high school wrestlers would have been able to see Iowa wrestle.