FCS Playoffs Round 1

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: FCS Playoffs Round 1

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Wow! SDSU throws a TD on 4th and 19!
It's 24-17 with 4:40 left.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Griz able to pick up a few first downs and run out the clock.

Griz at ndsu next week.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:21 pm

SUU leads Sam Houston 39-35 with 7 minutes left.

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:28 pm

SUU gets the ball back on downs. What was SUU thinking when they got the safety?

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:34 pm

SUU was robbed on non PI call.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:37 pm

SUU's all world safety just missed a tackle and Sammy scores a TD to take the lead 42-39.

Should be tied had SUU converted all their PATs.

3:38 left

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:44 pm

bobcat92 wrote:SUU was robbed on non PI call.
Yes terrible non-call.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:53 pm

SUU loses by 3, 42-39. They shot themselves in the foot on nearly every PAT, and that was the difference in the game.

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Griz could host the third round game with a win in Fargo in the second round and a Portland State loss.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:55 pm

91catAlum wrote:SUU loses by 3, 42-39. They shot themselves in the foot on nearly every PAT, and that was the difference in the game.

I think it's garbage that the outright conference champion didn't even get a home game, let alone a bye.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:06 pm

PapaG wrote:
91catAlum wrote:SUU loses by 3, 42-39. They shot themselves in the foot on nearly every PAT, and that was the difference in the game.

I think it's garbage that the outright conference champion didn't even get a home game, let alone a bye.
Yes I agree. SDSU also should have gotten a home game. Having to go to Missoula was a huge disadvantage for a team that just missed being seeded.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:27 pm

91catAlum wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Yes I agree. SDSU also should have gotten a home game. Having to go to Missoula was a huge disadvantage for a team that just missed being seeded.
A few 'Cat fans are going to the Portland State-UNI game on Saturday at Providence Park to support that program and the Big Sky in general. I've been here for 18 bleeping years hoping they'd get a decent program, so we decided to put our money and time into a game that doesn't include the Bobcats. It's a 7pm PST kick-off, which kind of sucks, but maybe will get a few more fans from downtown Portland to check it out.

What a ride

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:26 pm

91catAlum wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Absolutely. I hate the "not-seeded regionalization" part of the playoffs.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:30 pm

PapaG wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
PapaG wrote:

A few 'Cat fans are going to the Portland State-UNI game on Saturday at Providence Park to support that program and the Big Sky in general. I've been here for 18 bleeping years hoping they'd get a decent program, so we decided to put our money and time into a game that doesn't include the Bobcats. It's a 7pm PST kick-off, which kind of sucks, but maybe will get a few more fans from downtown Portland to check it out.
That is awesome! Go PSU/BigSky!

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:38 pm

91catAlum wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I don't disagree with you. But it reminds me of something that could be good for SUU in the long run. The Griz won the BSC crown in 1982, including wins over Idaho and MSU. The NCAA would not award the playoff opener to UM because of the outdated condition of Dornblaser Stadium (it was much like the facility that is currently in Cedar City). Idaho, as a conference runner-up, squeaked into the playoff selection. And the Griz had to go to Moscow to play the BSC runner-up in the Kibbie Dome for the playoff opener. Griznation swore that would never happen again. Cedar City and SUU could use this as motivation for something good.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:48 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
PapaG wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
PapaG wrote:

That is awesome! Go PSU/BigSky!
We're all taking our kids, too.

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I don't disagree with you. But it reminds me of something that could be good for SUU in the long run. The Griz won the BSC crown in 1982, including wins over Idaho and MSU. The NCAA would not award the playoff opener to UM because of the outdated condition of Dornblaser Stadium (it was much like the facility that is currently in Cedar City). Idaho, as a conference runner-up, squeaked into the playoff selection. And the Griz had to go to Moscow to play the BSC runner-up in the Kibbie Dome for the playoff opener. Griznation swore that would never happen again. Cedar City and SUU could use this as motivation for something good.
I was at the 1980 game at Dornblaser when the 'Cats won as a 3rd or 4th grade kid. I drive by it all the time when visiting family in Missoula. It's crazy for me to think how much better MSU's stadium was before Uncle Denny invested in the Griz program, and they hired the right coach at the right time in Don Read. Wooden bleachers and zero parking, as I remember it.

What a ride

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:26 pm

You nailed it, PapaG. Almost zero parking unless you wanted to pull into the muddy area behind the old east bleachers where all the kegs and tailgates were. Wooden bench bleachers. I remember for many years thinking whenever I went to games in Bozeman, "This is a big time stadium." And MSU had built on that, too. Bobcat Stadium is a great venue. The end zone project was huge, and now the east side project (maybe it will get started with a fund raising push in the next couple years?) will be the icing on the cake. Great rivalry and great attendance in both Bozeman and Missoula.

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by griz5700 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:16 am

Griznationalist wrote:You nailed it, PapaG. Almost zero parking unless you wanted to pull into the muddy area behind the old east bleachers where all the kegs and tailgates were. Wooden bench bleachers. I remember for many years thinking whenever I went to games in Bozeman, "This is a big time stadium." And MSU had built on that, too. Bobcat Stadium is a great venue. The end zone project was huge, and now the east side project (maybe it will get started with a fund raising push in the next couple years?) will be the icing on the cake. Great rivalry and great attendance in both Bozeman and Missoula.
Totally agree. Cat stadium is impressive. Hate em, but respect what they've built. End zone addition was big time. Is Wa-Griz feakin awesome? Of course. But there are other cool stadiums.... I always have fun at Cat games in bozeman,

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:02 pm

+1 Didn't help they played in rain storm most of the game. SH still has a lot of good athletes. Good to see SUU was competitive.