Griz Fans

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: Griz Fans

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:The grizz played Ft. Lewis in 2005 and 2007. The only year they didn't play a D2 they went 5-6. They played Western State in 2009 and 2010. I wouldn't be surprised if UW and Oregon scratch those games ala the Big Ten.
Well, at least we're in agreement! Wyoming. NDSU. Washington. Oregon. Washington again. Darn tough. Don't see a tougher schedule out there.
Congrats. That counts for something. Hopefully you actually get to play them.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:14 pm

Sept. 3 - Saint Francis – Washington-Grizzly Stadium
Sept. 10 – Northern Iowa – Cedar Falls, Iowa

Sept. 2 – Valparaiso – Washington-Grizzly Stadium
Sept. 9 – Washington – Seattle, Wash.

Sept. 1 – Northern Iowa – Washington-Grizzly Stadium
Sept. 8 – Drake – Washington Grizzly Stadium

Sept. 14 – Oregon – Eugene, Ore.

Sept. 4 – Washington – Seattle, Wash.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:16 pm

EWU

SEP 03 - @ WASHINGTON STATE
SEP 10 - @ North Dakota State
SEP 17 - vs. Northern Iowa

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Htowngriz wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:Good luck to the Cats against Fort Benton.
What's their scouting report? I know the griz like to play them.
As long as Haslam is around I wouldn't count on it. Guy has done nothing but hit home runs since he started.
And griz fans lamented that O'day was justifiably fired. Sounds like you came out ahead. And Haslam hires guys that don't let players get punished by 5 minutes in the penalty box. Now who hired Haslam? Was it a dude named Royce? No, it couldn't be him. He doesn't do anything right....

Htowngriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Htowngriz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:25 pm

lutecat wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
As long as Haslam is around I wouldn't count on it. Guy has done nothing but hit home runs since he started.
And griz fans lamented that O'day was justifiably fired. Sounds like you came out ahead. And Haslam hires guys that don't let players get punished by 5 minutes in the penalty box. Now who hired Haslam? Was it a dude named Royce? No, it couldn't be him. He doesn't do anything right....
I would imagine the BOR had the final say...

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:53 pm

The collective wisdom of griz fans over on their board are already anointing their new quarterback the best qb in the big sky, an all American, and Payton finalist .... After 1 GAME! It would be funny if it wasn't so sad how delusional that fan base as a whole is.

GRIZ1STCATS2ND

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:07 pm

msuhunter wrote:The collective wisdom of griz fans over on their board are already anointing their new quarterback the best qb in the big sky, an all American, and Payton finalist .... After 1 GAME! It would be funny if it wasn't so sad how delusional that fan base as a whole is.
I don't think that way at all but he's a smart kid, and a fast thinker and a great decision maker. Perfect for Stitts offense. At least he wasn't shell shocked and got his time out called before the refs could sort out where the spot was on that last third down.

It goes both ways. Go back and read some of the posts here after Prukops first game or two. Don't get me wrong, he's amazing and I am jealous be is your QB but what made your fans so sure about him so early? Wishful thinking I guess.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Htowngriz wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
I would imagine the BOR had the final say...
The Regents don't hire or approve ADs. That decision was entirely Engstrom's (although I'm fairly certain he had a hiring committee make it for him).

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:05 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
msuhunter wrote:The collective wisdom of griz fans over on their board are already anointing their new quarterback the best qb in the big sky, an all American, and Payton finalist .... After 1 GAME! It would be funny if it wasn't so sad how delusional that fan base as a whole is.
I don't think that way at all but he's a smart kid, and a fast thinker and a great decision maker. Perfect for Stitts offense. At least he wasn't shell shocked and got his time out called before the refs could sort out where the spot was on that last third down.

It goes both ways. Go back and read some of the posts here after Prukops first game or two. Don't get me wrong, he's amazing and I am jealous be is your QB but what made your fans so sure about him so early? Wishful thinking I guess.
This is a very fair post.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Jobu wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:

This is a very fair post.
I don't know if it's a fair post or not because I haven't bothered to go back and look at the posts after Dakota's first start to see if one single poster declared him the best QB in the Big Sky. If someone did, then some of us probably are more like them than we think.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Griz Fans

Post by 77matcat » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:00 am

Thought he looked pretty good. Also thought he was pretty tough. Took a few good shots and got right up. Probably will be one of the better qbs in the conference.

Like all performance judgements........ We'll have to wait a few games before we have enough data to make reasonable assesments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Kabooom wrote:
allcat wrote:
Thanks, too bad geography was missing from your schooling. Did you get that surgery to put a window in your stomach?
....I think...Ft lewis is about 250 to 300 miles from Chadron, Nebraska. Division II team I think.....
Read the initial post. Nationalist said Fort Benton, not Fort Lewis. But hey, in Griz nation, who cares about the details? Not a big emphasis during sociology, music or political science classes in Missoula...

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:47 pm

WSSMommyCat wrote:Already hiding "friends" on fb and blocking certain numbers on my phone. Unbearable is too nice a word. And, like always, the true UM alum fans are WAY better than the other kind. I'm pretty sure I've been in WaGriz more times than most of them. They are kings of the world now. All bow down or prepare to receive multiple insults.

Got a text from a griz "friend" last week. He tells me that he just got this new hat and it says, "FTC". Then he says, "Do you even know what that means?" uh. really? Nope. Never heard of that. But what does a GIRL Cat fan know about all this foosball business. eyeroll.

Time to refill the bp meds and replenish the liquor cabinet. I am SO in need of Thursday. Let's Rock This House! (Again, don't know what that means. Just saw it on a tshirt)
Great post!!

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Kabooom wrote:
allcat wrote:
Thanks, too bad geography was missing from your schooling. Did you get that surgery to put a window in your stomach?
....I think...Ft lewis is about 250 to 300 miles from Chadron, Nebraska. Division II team I think.....
Read the initial post. Nationalist said Fort Benton, not Fort Lewis. But hey, in Griz nation, who cares about the details? Not a big emphasis during sociology, music or political science classes in Missoula...
It was a joke implying the irrelevance of Ft. Lewis. Too bad you didn't pick up a sense of humor while you were at Moo U.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Htowngriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Kabooom wrote:
allcat wrote:
It was a joke implying the irrelevance of Ft. Lewis. Too bad you didn't pick up a sense of humor while you were at Moo U.
You are right. Allcat was joking. But kaboom thought a geography lesson was needed. But who cares about the details. You are too busy nominating Stitt for coach of the year.