Two griz Linebackers Arrested

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: Two griz Linebackers Arrested

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:33 pm

allcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:This just tweeted @missoulian: BREAKING: Griz LB Herbert Gamboa will be suspended for the Week 1 and the NDSU game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good for um. Looks like they're figuring it out. Five years ago he'd be suspended for one quarter of a game that they weren't going to lose anyway wherever it might be on the schedule. They're going to find that this method works in the long run. It's an entirely different atmosphere in their front offices.
I thought internal punishment would be good. I'm actually glad that they stepped up and made it count.
Internal punishment didn't work out well for them at all. It played a big role in getting them on probation and having half a season wiped out. Or is that what you're wishing for?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:39 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
allcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:This just tweeted @missoulian: BREAKING: Griz LB Herbert Gamboa will be suspended for the Week 1 and the NDSU game.

Good for um. Looks like they're figuring it out. Five years ago he'd be suspended for one quarter of a game that they weren't going to lose anyway wherever it might be on the schedule. They're going to find that this method works in the long run. It's an entirely different atmosphere in their front offices.
I thought internal punishment would be good. I'm actually glad that they stepped up and made it count.
Internal punishment didn't work out well for them at all. It played a big role in getting them on probation and having half a season wiped out. Or is that what you're wishing for?
I just did not see much beyond kids acting like people who's brains are not fully formed. While I wish the worst for the umers, Penalties are the result of those of us who thought our brains had matured, only to find out we did not really have to pay. We could pawn that off on those same kids. I'm also sure that even though the Bobcats are a higher form of life, we still use internal punishment.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:59 pm

allcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
allcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:

I just did not see much beyond kids acting like people who's brains are not fully formed. While I wish the worst for the umers, Penalties are the result of those of us who thought our brains had matured, only to find out we did not really have to pay. We could pawn that off on those same kids. I'm also sure that even though the Bobcats are a higher form of life, we still use internal punishment.
[/quote]

Not for fighting, we don't use internal punishment. Just a couple years ago Ash kicked a starting LB off the team when a basketball player sought him out at a bar and started a fight with him.

I think um did themselves a big favor by suspending the player one game. It sends a message and sets a new precedent.

And this was a good game to do it, as losing a starter probably isn't gonna change the outcome of this game anyway...

Htowngriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Htowngriz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:43 pm

91catAlum wrote:
allcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
allcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:

Not for fighting, we don't use internal punishment. Just a couple years ago Ash kicked a starting LB off the team when a basketball player sought him out at a bar and started a fight with him.

I think um did themselves a big favor by suspending the player one game. It sends a message and sets a new precedent.

And this was a good game to do it, as losing a starter probably isn't gonna change the outcome of this game anyway...[/quote]

True. Lebsock will do fine in his stead and we'll still get the W. :wink:

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:47 pm

91catAlum wrote:
allcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
allcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:

And this was a good game to do it, as losing a starter probably isn't gonna change the outcome of this game anyway...[/quote]

You know, that's a good point. I don't think the outcome of this game will be in question any time in the 4th quarter. I don't think NDSU will totally destroy them, but I see it as a 37-17 ish type of game. I think the Vegas odds has\had UM as 18 point underdogs?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:15 pm

cue up the griz excuses for aug 29th.

griz5700

Post by griz5700 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:52 pm

No problem.

The backup would start for any other team in the country.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Hmmm. griz back up best player on team. Stitt has strange method to pick starters.

GRIZ1STCATS2ND

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:00 am

lakesbison wrote:cue up the griz excuses for aug 29th.
I LOLed. Add it to the list I guess you could say. New coach/system and quarterback might top the list. Do YOU have any excuses.......just in case?

Obviously going to be a tough game. No room for error on our part. I'm not sure our kids will have it down in a few weeks.

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:30 am

77matcat wrote:Hmmm. griz back up best player on team. Stitt has strange method to pick starters.

That's not really what he said but...okay.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:33 am

Htowngriz wrote:
77matcat wrote:Hmmm. griz back up best player on team. Stitt has strange method to pick starters.

No, you guys are just scary good. :shock:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:47 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:

I don't think it's unfair to say that Lebsock would start at LB for a lot of FCS teams. Not all, but a lot.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:50 am

Htowngriz wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:

I don't think it's unfair to say that Lebsock would start at LB for a lot of FCS teams. Not all, but a lot.
That's not what he said, but I agree, yes.

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:34 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:

Details, details... :wink:

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:12 pm

griz5700 wrote:No problem.

Breaking news: Montana Griz place 8 linebackers on all-universe team.

Oh, wait, nope.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2015/7/1 ... 50714.aspx

Griz linebackers are very good. But don't say stupid things.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:40 am

Htowngriz wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Htowngriz wrote:

Details, details... :wink:
Details matter. ;)

griz5700

Post by griz5700 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:56 pm

onceacat wrote:

Oh, wait, nope.

The backup would also start for every NFL team. Griz depth is remarkable.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:38 pm

griz5700 wrote:
onceacat wrote:

Oh, wait, nope.

I understand they are all headed to Canton next year.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

griz5700

Post by griz5700 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:56 pm

RickRund wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
onceacat wrote:

Oh, wait, nope.

I understand they are all headed to Canton next year.....
They make guys wait a few years. But yeah, we're on the same page.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 pm

I'm confused. Isn't there a player conduct policy in the NFL? How would the Griz linebackers be eligible? :lol: