Kentucky may be in the top 8 in nba.....

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:40 pm

I know that is a stretch but they totally dismembered WVa. Wow.
And I sure do wish for a couple of clones of Gonzaga's big men. They were really fun to watch. The perimeter shooting was terrible for both. Sounds as if shooting in that dome was not fun.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Kentucky may be in the top 8 in nba.....

Post by allcat » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:54 am

RickRund wrote:I know that is a stretch but they totally dismembered WVa. Wow.
And I sure do wish for a couple of clones of Gonzaga's big men. They were really fun to watch. The perimeter shooting was terrible for both. Sounds as if shooting in that dome was not fun.....
Remember, we almost took them down :^o

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:52 am

I don't get this whole dome thing. When the camera panned out it looked like there couldn't have been more than 10,000 people. Use arenas what they're for and use domes what they're for. Sheesh... :roll:

But I don't think there's any way a group of teenagers, no matter how talented, compete against grown men whose full time job is playing basketball. It doesn't happen. Bad NBA teams are a function of a dysfunctional front office, not a complete lack of talent.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:02 pm

these discussions are always fun but i can almost assure you that UK would be the worst team in the nba. incredible college team but the nba is so much better across the board.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:58 pm

The knicks would beat them badly nine times, and possibly lose a close one in game ten. They are however, even money to be the next undefeated college basketball team since the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers,

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:53 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
these discussions are always fun but i can almost assure you that UK would be the worst team in the nba. incredible college team but the nba is so much better across the board.
I agree. Offensively, Kentucky is light years behind any NBA team-not even close. A lot of those guys will be good NBA players, but it will take a few years.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:28 pm

I really should have posted a smiley to finish the subject. Like I said, it is a stretch.
But they look to be head and shoulders above the vast majority of the ncaa. I just could not believe what they did to WVa.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:10 pm

Notre Dame is giving them all they can handle now. Up 4 with 13 min to go...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:52 am

What an asinine statement. The worst team in the NBA, if they're playing hard every single time, would beat Kentucky 10 out of 10 times unless if something flukey happens. Pro teams are filled with guys who were good in college. Kentucky is good, but they don't have any future professional stars, except for maybe Karl Towns.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Cledus wrote:
I don't get this whole dome thing. When the camera panned out it looked like there couldn't have been more than 10,000 people. Use arenas what they're for and use domes what they're for. Sheesh... :roll:
It looks like the attendance in the domes is in the low 20's, which is more than arenas ... but I totally agree. The court looks horrible in that setup and I have to imagine the atmosphere just isn't the same as playing in a building that's designed for basketball as opposed to one that's designed for football.

I wonder if the fact that most of the good arenas are booked with hockey and NBA right now a reason for the use of domes?

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:40 pm

They use domes in the Regional Finals as a dress rehearsal for the Final Four. Houston will host in a couple of years.

But they do suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Jobu wrote:They use domes in the Regional Finals as a dress rehearsal for the Final Four. Houston will host in a couple of years.

But they do suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, makes sense. Didn't think about that.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:27 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
Cledus wrote:
It looks like the attendance in the domes is in the low 20's, which is more than arenas ... but I totally agree. The court looks horrible in that setup and I have to imagine the atmosphere just isn't the same as playing in a building that's designed for basketball as opposed to one that's designed for football.

I wonder if the fact that most of the good arenas are booked with hockey and NBA right now a reason for the use of domes?
I realize now the only venue I seemed to notice was Houston. The other dome venues looked fine, but the one in Houston it looked like the entire seating was all bleachers brought in from the outside.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.