Big Play VA is transferring

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Big Play VA is transferring

Post by marceag » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:47 am

PapaG wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
If VA was going to the NFL, I'm pretty sure EWU fans would seem to be happy for him as well.

Again, if Marcus Mariota had left Oregon to go to a stronger program out of the conference (let's say Ohio State), we should all be able to agree that many Ducks fans and coaches would be going crazy over it. Oregon isn't any more or less noble in any of this than EWU -- they just happen to be getting bailed out for their lack of QB depth by EWU's 2014 roster in this particular case (so all of those with loyalties to the two schools are reacting in ways that reflect their own self-interests).

I agree that, from a player's standpoint, this is perfectly fine. I'm totally in favor of players having the right to play wherever they want -- they shouldn't be treated like the property of any school.
That's a strawman, though. It's not at all applicable, since it's not like tOSU is at a much higher level than Oregon. Mariota didn't make that type of move because he didn't need to make that type of move to increase his exposure. He had other options, and exercised them after earning his degree. Adams didn't have the option of sure-fire first-round NFL pick, so it makes sense that he'd want to move to a much higher profile situation than playing on a red field in the middle of nowhere, with most weeks the only way to view their games on a very inconsistent on-line feed.

It's 100% sour graps from EWU fans, imaginary Mariota transfer aside.
Of course EWU fans are going to be upset, he was a returning all american at a pretty important position, thats a no brainer, any school would have felt the same way. Its one thing leaving to go early to the NFL, like Taiwan and Kaufman did, but its another to leave to play against a team Eastern plays in week 1, there is absolutely going to be sour grapes.

Adams followed the transfer rule, its there, so it is what it is. Don't like the fact he had to change majors at the 11th hour to make it work and if he wants to show the NFL he can play at a high level, why go to Oregon? Their offense doesn't model an NFL offense and they don't have the best history of QB success at the NFL level. I guess they play in a pretty good conference and he'll put up yards, but he's going to have to have a heck of a year to move up the draft board from where he already sits. A lot more risk than reward in this decision. Definitely sour grapes, but no offense, can you blame any of the EWU fans? If Mariota decided to transfer to Oregon State this year don't you think Duck fans would be a tad upset?

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Teams with classy fans bases wouldnt be upset, did you see all the compliments on the football board about Coach McEndoo leaving? 100% supported his leaving and improving his life and families.

Yet another area Ewu needs to "act like they have been there"

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:32 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Teams with classy fans bases wouldnt be upset, did you see all the compliments on the football board about Coach McEndoo leaving? 100% supported his leaving and improving his life and families.

Junior Adams received a ton of respect and compliments when he left last year for Boise, as did Wulff for WSU, Taiwan and Kauf for the NFL....

Everyone wants the best for Adams, but you can still be upset about the situation. As for improving his life and his families, time will tell on that one, but I hope it does...

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:10 pm

marceag wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:Teams with classy fans bases wouldnt be upset, did you see all the compliments on the football board about Coach McEndoo leaving? 100% supported his leaving and improving his life and families.

Junior Adams received a ton of respect and compliments when he left last year for Boise, as did Wulff for WSU, Taiwan and Kauf for the NFL....

Everyone wants the best for Adams, but you can still be upset about the situation. As for improving his life and his families, time will tell on that one, but I hope it does...
Merely getting out of Cheney will be an improvement.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Didn't I read somewhere that he split the sheets with his baby mama? And he's leaving her in Cheney?

Yep, this was a decision to improve his family.

:coffee:

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:06 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Didn't I read somewhere that he split the sheets with his baby mama? And he's leaving her in Cheney?

Stop it!

You cannot question an athlete of his.............................................. :? talent. How dare you

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:43 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Didn't I read somewhere that he split the sheets with his baby mama? And he's leaving her in Cheney?

It's a football decision. Long-term over short-term. Mocking his personal life seems like something a Griz can would do.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:04 pm

PG. Please read whole thread then respond.

Holy crap!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:28 pm

PapaG wrote:

It's a football decision. Long-term over short-term. Mocking his personal life seems like something a Griz can would do.
So it is irrelevant that Ewu and their fans run this stuff out "hes a christian father", "he is a solid citizen and family man" but when this information they provide us with turns out to be a fu*king lie we cant comment on it?

Only a bobcat fan would think that.....................

www.maroonblood.com

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:00 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:
PapaG wrote:

So it is irrelevant that Ewu and their fans run this stuff out "hes a christian father", "he is a solid citizen and family man" but when this information they provide us with turns out to be a fu*king lie we cant comment on it?

Only a bobcat fan would think that.....................
Or even just 6 posts above this one :shrug:

........ No, no, no, just a duck fan

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Big Play VA is transferring

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Maybe I should have posted it in the "commitment" thread.

MT2AK_CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by MT2AK_CAT » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Anyone know how he's doing so far?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:51 pm

MT2AK_CAT wrote:Anyone know how he's doing so far?
Right now, he's not playing. Maybe in the fall.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Postby MT2AK_CAT on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Anyone know how he's doing so far?
Has to graduate from EWU first.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed May 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Just an odd scenario that I didn't know how to look up, but does anyone know what happens if he doesn't graduate? Does he "revert" back to the Eagles?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed May 13, 2015 6:01 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:Just an odd scenario that I didn't know how to look up, but does anyone know what happens if he doesn't graduate? Does he "revert" back to the Eagles?
He had to get a release , I would think. Somehow they would have to reoffer the scholarship that he used to have. I would think that has been promised to someone else by now.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed May 13, 2015 7:31 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:Just an odd scenario that I didn't know how to look up, but does anyone know what happens if he doesn't graduate? Does he "revert" back to the Eagles?
I don't think there's any danger of that....we're talking about ewu here

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZFNZ » Thu May 14, 2015 6:49 am

wbtfg wrote:
I don't think there's any danger of that....we're talking about ewu here
I read in a recent article that VAJ is taking all but one of his classes this semester on line. I'm sure he'll have no problems passing.