Steroids at Carroll (MSU and UM?)

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Steroids at Carroll (MSU and UM?)

Post by Walk-on » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Steroids at Carroll (MSU and UM?)

Post by GRIZFNZ » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Everybody knows they don't test at the NAIA level and that's contributed greatly to the Saints recent success. Rocky's success during the late 80's and early 90's involved players using.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:59 pm

Walk-on wrote:Just some off season fodder.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-a ... eec90.html
Is this a photo of the kid whose supposed to be using? Hell, he isn't even using shaving cream yet!! He looks like a kid who played wide receiver on my grandsons Grid Kid team.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:24 pm

The news story can probably help people connect the dots, but many would probably be surprised the MSU player connected to this. I'm surprised no one has anything to say about the MSU part of the story.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:09 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:21 pm

KittieKop wrote:The news story can probably help people connect the dots, but many would probably be surprised the MSU player connected to this. I'm surprised no one has anything to say about the MSU part of the story.
Ignorance is bliss. They don't want to know, even though they should know.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:59 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:The news story can probably help people connect the dots, but many would probably be surprised the MSU player connected to this. I'm surprised no one has anything to say about the MSU part of the story.
I tried to decipher who they were talking about, but the kid that comes to mind came from Laurel, not GF. And I've no clue who the UM player might be.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:12 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
I tried to decipher who they were talking about, but the kid that comes to mind came from Laurel, not GF. And I've no clue who the UM player might be.
Read the thing 86 posted, the kid is gone now. It also names the um'er only by one name.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:41 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Yeah, read the helena independent record link. It has the actual court affidavit and names names. It would be big news if he were still playing. It is big news here in great falls. I saw the UM name, but I can't think of a player who has that first or last name. Could have been another high school friend of theirs. This could be filed under the no surprise heading. Regardless of what people tell you, steroid use is still epidemic in all sports and happening at younger ages. When players know when they are going to be tested, they cycle it to test clean. High school kids are on this stuff in epidemic proportions. Even non athletes are taking it so they can have the look.

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:53 pm

There is more to the story that is being reported. Don't be too quick to judge.

IYAACYAS

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:08 pm

CPACAT wrote:There is more to the story that is being reported. Don't be too quick to judge.
Don't think anyone on this thread was judging, just sharing information and observations.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:23 pm

I hate to see kids/young men at this age doing steroids. Almost all of them have no clue what they are doing which translates to higher risk and lower reward! I wish we could put an end to steroid use in this age group but as one poster said, probably won't happen.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:17 pm

gtapp wrote:I hate to see kids/young men at this age doing steroids. Almost all of them have no clue what they are doing which translates to higher risk and lower reward! I wish we could put an end to steroid use in this age group but as one poster said, probably won't happen.
In this age group? I was under the impression that steroid usage is bad for all age groups...

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:15 pm

Clinton T wrote:
gtapp wrote:I hate to see kids/young men at this age doing steroids. Almost all of them have no clue what they are doing which translates to higher risk and lower reward! I wish we could put an end to steroid use in this age group but as one poster said, probably won't happen.
In this age group? I was under the impression that steroid usage is bad for all age groups...
True, but as older adults you would expect an informed decision. At this age it is usually an un-informed decision. The difference is one group decides to take the risk and the other doesn't understand the risk or doesn't want to.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:25 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
So, are you ever going to actually tell us all that is going on? Or, do we continue to get the "anonymous insider" stuff from "bobcat99?" You talk more smack about MSU players and coaches than anybody here. Put your name on it. First name and last initial, at the very least. If not, the complaining about the MSU program is getting old, as are the smears you post about coaches and certain players. :roll:

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

tdub

Post by tdub » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 pm

PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
So, are you ever going to actually tell us all that is going on? Or, do we continue to get the "anonymous insider" stuff from "bobcat99?" You talk more smack about MSU players and coaches than anybody here. Put your name on it. First name and last initial, at the very least. If not, the complaining about the MSU program is getting old, as are the smears you post about coaches and certain players. :roll:
Click on the Helena IR link and read it for yourself. There is no "anonymous insider". It's right there in the charging documents.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:23 am

PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
If you need an "insider" to tell you that college football players use steroids (in one form or another), then you really are ignorant. Anyways, a former player buying a lot of this stuff is pretty big news that people seem to be avoiding for some reason...

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:12 am

bobcat99 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
If you need an "insider" to tell you that college football players use steroids (in one form or another), then you really are ignorant. Anyways, a former player buying a lot of this stuff is pretty big news that people seem to be avoiding for some reason...
Not avoiding it. I read the document and see no reason to try and drag him or the football program into some huge steroid conspiracy. Are there guys on the team using steroids or other PED's? Probably. Is it any better or worse than any other football program? No.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."