Eastern out

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Eastern out

Post by allcat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:38 am

So since Baldwin can't deliver another nc should they can him? It's obvious with that defense, he can't get the job done.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Eastern out

Post by John K » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:53 am

allcat wrote:So since Baldwin can't deliver another nc should they can him? It's obvious with that defense, he can't get the job done.
If MSU had a NC, plus two other semi-final appearances, within the past five years, I don't believe Ash would be the recipient of much criticism from Bobcat fans. I've never said that Ash should be fired, but his record is not nearly as good as Baldwin's, particularly with regard to post-season success, and how he has fared against UM.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:34 am

John K wrote:
allcat wrote:So since Baldwin can't deliver another nc should they can him? It's obvious with that defense, he can't get the job done.
If MSU had a NC, plus two other semi-final appearances, within the past five years, I don't believe Ash would be the recipient of much criticism from Bobcat fans. I've never said that Ash should be fired, but his record is not nearly as good as Baldwin's, particularly with regard to post-season success, and how he has fared against UM.
Bingo

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:10 pm

DaCats21 wrote:
John K wrote:
Bingo
But that was a long time ago, I say he's lost the mojo. He's gotta go.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:43 pm

allcat wrote:
DaCats21 wrote:
John K wrote:
Bingo
But that was a long time ago, I say he's lost the mojo. He's gotta go.
If Ash had won a NC as recently as 2010, and made it to the SF as recently as last year, then no one in their right mind would be criticizing him. I understand the point you're tying to make, but considering that Baldwin has a NC and three SF appearances in the past five years, and Ash doesn't even have a single SF appearance in that same period, your analogy doesn't really fly. As I said before, I'm not in the "fire Ash" camp, but if he could achieve in the next five years, what Baldwin has done in the last five years, then they'd build a statue of him outside of Bobcat Stadium.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:10 pm

I am trying to make a point and you do get it, but even your argument kind of does not matter in college football. Chizik got canned 2 years after winning the nc. It took Texas a little longer, it took 7 years, so really the only guy that should have been kept in fcs was Bol.This is true especially when you consider that mediocre has been redefined to only winning 75% of your games.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:12 pm

At the very least the DC needs to go immediately. :wink: Also, I hear that Baldwin is way more interested in getting his bonuses than with winning games, even though to get bonuses you need to...win games.

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:52 pm

allcat wrote:I am trying to make a point and you do get it, but even your argument kind of does not matter in college football. Chizik got canned 2 years after winning the nc. It took Texas a little longer, it took 7 years, so really the only guy that should have been kept in fcs was Bol.This is true especially when you consider that mediocre has been redefined to only winning 75% of your games.

Apples to oranges dude. When was the last time eastern got blown out by more than 20 points? Has eastern ever not shown up in a rivalry game or a playoff game? Baldwin is in a class above ash in pure coaching. In being what a head coach does with publicity and getting people to give to the program its ash but in pure coaching and getting the most out of his teams on Saturday ash has not caught up to Baldwin

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:40 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
allcat wrote:I am trying to make a point and you do get it, but even your argument kind of does not matter in college football. Chizik got canned 2 years after winning the nc. It took Texas a little longer, it took 7 years, so really the only guy that should have been kept in fcs was Bol.This is true especially when you consider that mediocre has been redefined to only winning 75% of your games.

Apples to oranges dude. When was the last time eastern got blown out by more than 20 points? Has eastern ever not shown up in a rivalry game or a playoff game? Baldwin is in a class above ash in pure coaching. In being what a head coach does with publicity and getting people to give to the program its ash but in pure coaching and getting the most out of his teams on Saturday ash has not caught up to Baldwin
I would rather have a coach do the coaching and an athletic director do the fund raising.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:52 pm

catgrad05 wrote:

Did you watch the game on Saturday? It was over with 5 minutes left in the 3 rd. EWU need up with 46, but it was an utter & complete curb stomping. Sammy 4 years ago. Lots of games the season after their championship...

77matcat
Member # Retired

Eastern out

Post by 77matcat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 am

REALLY!!!!!

Thumbs up JK, LTCF and Grad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:34 am

77matcat wrote:

REALLY!!!!!

Thumbs up JK, LTCF and Grad

Is this a subtle slam of my excellent effort to make my point? If it is, I am very offended and feel you should right this egregious wrong before God sends down a thunderbolt and Santa brings you a lump of coal. If not then I'm good. \:D/

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:51 am

Putting in a new wood stove at the cabin. Could you make that a cord of wood.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Eastern out

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:54 am

77matcat wrote:Putting in a new wood stove at the cabin. Could you make that a cord of wood.

Delivered, split, and stacked

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:57 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
77matcat wrote:Putting in a new wood stove at the cabin. Could you make that a cord of wood.

Split, with one thunderbolt? Surely you jest.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:00 am

allcat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:

Shirley? Ya want to box old man?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:06 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:

Shirley? Ya want to box old man?
Old, Crap, we're back to the insults and I already used up the thunderbolts and coal.Of course it is true. :-k

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:29 am

allcat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:

No, he's being completely serious...and quit calling him Shirley.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:33 am

John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:

Mister Phelps is tracking you down as we speak.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:16 pm

John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:

Hshahaha