ISU-Sac State

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

ISU-Sac State

Post by John K » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:49 am

I was stunned to see that ISU beat Sac State quite easily, 44-24. Sac was considered to be a legitimate playoff contender at the beginning of the season. Is Kramer finally getting the Bengals turned around, or was Sac just way overrated, or was this game just an aberration?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: ISU-Sac State

Post by allcat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:36 pm

John K wrote:I was stunned to see that ISU beat Sac State quite easily, 44-24. Sac was considered to be a legitimate playoff contender at the beginning of the season. Is Kramer finally getting the Bengals turned around, or was Sac just way overrated, or was this game just an aberration?
Yes.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:52 pm

John K wrote:I was stunned to see that ISU beat Sac State quite easily, 44-24. Sac was considered to be a legitimate playoff contender at the beginning of the season. Is Kramer finally getting the Bengals turned around, or was Sac just way overrated, or was this game just an aberration?
Sac had their star LB get ejected in the 1st Q for targeting and the defense never gathered itself. To answer the next question, no the league didn't suspend him the the MSU game. We will see these guys at full strength. Watch the #44 for Sac on Saturday night. He's really good.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:35 am

Idaho State is much better than previous years

Their Oline controlled the line of scrimmage for 3 quarters against Utah. Utah's defense is no pushover. I know they lost handily to the Utes, but it was kinda scary watching ISU push around a defense with 3 future NFL players up front. The Utes finally adjusted and got to Arias -- Utah has the bull athletes to do that and completely shut down ISU, but not all Big Sky teams do.

If you cant get quick pressure on Arias and jam the right receivers, ISU will score on you. Their defense is a bit porous however.

I'm not thinking they are top tier Big Sky, but they are nothing to laugh at this year. It'll be interesting to see how they do this weekend in Cheney, could be a shootout. My guess is EWU secondary/LB will be too much for them and blow them out as expected. You know VA will have his way with their D, but it is possible that the Bengals could keep the ball away from VA with sustained drives and could make it interesting.

You know big game Krame has EWU and MSU circled -- one win there would make his season

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 pm

In one of those videos Colter did Kramer said he thought he finally had the bodies on the o-line to be competitive in conference. I think I believe him now.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

ddlalum
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ddlalum » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Kramer interview, http://bigskyconf.com/podcasts.aspx?podcast=885

There where a number of games last year they probably should have won. Hopefully they continue to improve.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:59 pm

This is one game I want to sit close to Gamble and dick fields...

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:38 am

Cat Grad wrote:This is one game I want to sit close to Gamble and dick fields...
I could see how one would want to gamble with a peter at the confluence of reason and common sense. If you can't figure out what is being said you need to take the frogs out for a walk.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic